RAAL-requisite CA-1a Circum-Aural Ribbon Headphone is here! @HeadAmp
Jun 22, 2022 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,048
ca1a_1.jpg

Introducing the RAAL-requisite CA-1a Circum-Aural Ribbon Headphone!
Avaiable all by-itself or bundled with the TI-1a transformer interface, the CA-1a combines the ultra-high resolution and natural sound of RAAL-requisite’s ribbon drivers with a more traditional over-ear comfort & fit!

Secure yours today for immediate shipment as soon as they're ready!

Last edited:
HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jun 22, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #6 of 1,048
But it just has foam instead of pads? It looks like it came out of a 3D printer and not in a good way. Ugly as sin.
RAAL truly makes some of the ugliest headphones ever. It's sad. Makes Hifiman looks good.

Next year we will get a paper cup with ribbon drivers hanging off of it.

Jun 22, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #7 of 1,048
THAT is $2000???

Jun 22, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #8 of 1,048
Jun 22, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #9 of 1,048
Jun 22, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #10 of 1,048
Implying that adding removable leather pads would cost significantly more for the consumer?
It was stated that adding leather pads impacted the sound in an unfavorable manner. I don't think the pad choice was a financial decision.

Jun 22, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #12 of 1,048
1B79F1DA-1D73-4760-80C3-32FD9D9B66BC.jpeg

So I had a chance to spend quite a few hours with these two and yes the X 9000 on BHSE is the better system and headphone, but CA-1a on VM1a is astonishingly close in terms of overall resolution, naturalness and presentation

My point is these guys have focused on creating what they felt was the highest performing headphone at a cost that is the most accessible and I think they absolutely nailed it, the earpads are comfortable over long periods of time the cups themselves are quite strong and the whole thing is relatively a lightweight at least on my neck and shoulders

So stylistic choices aside for those of you who’s first concern is the very best sound this should be on your list, It sounds fantastic and as per the course with RAAL-requisite each individual part is replaceable so in the event that something happens, which it won’t because it’s built rocksolid, it’s pretty easy to service it yourself

I’ve been in this hobby for 10 years an the term “giant killer” gets tossed around a lot I think this is the first time that it’s actually applicable…

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #13 of 1,048
1B79F1DA-1D73-4760-80C3-32FD9D9B66BC.jpeg

So I had a chance to spend quite a few hours with these two and yes the X 9000 on BHSE is the better system and headphone, but CA1a on VM1a is astonishingly close in terms of overall resolution, naturalness and presentation

My point is these guys have focused on creating what they felt was the highest performing headphone at a cost that is the most accessible and I think they absolutely nailed it, the earpads are comfortable over long periods of time the cups themselves are quite strong and the whole thing is relatively a lightweight at least on my neck and shoulders

So stylistic choices aside for those of you who’s first concern is the very best sound this should be on your list, It sounds fantastic and as per the course with RAAL-requisite each individual part is replaceable so in the event that something happens, which it won’t because it’s built rocksolid, it’s pretty easy to service it yourself

I’ve been in this hobby for 10 years an the term “giant killer” gets tossed around a lot I think this is the first time that it’s actually applicable…
I weighed mine this morning and they come in at 444 grams.

The "new" pads that will come with them, I've been told and expect, will be structurally stronger than the early adopter set. The cutout in the center front will not be present going forward. On my set, I've rotated the pads so the cutout is in the back. This has increased the comfort and I found it favorable to the sound. Specifically staging is better but the caveats of YMMV and user break in apply. Regardless, this won't be a factor for future owners as the provided pads won't have the center front cutout.

Jun 22, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #14 of 1,048
I weighed mine this morning and they come in at 444 grams.

The "new" pads that will come with them, I've been told and expect, will be structurally stronger than the early adopter set. The cutout in the center front will not be present going forward. On my set, I've rotated the pads so the cutout is in the back. This has increased the comfort and I found it favorable to the sound. Specifically staging is better but the caveats of YMMV and user break in apply. Regardless, this won't be a factor for future owners as the provided pads won't have the center front cutout.

Yep I got the same information regarding the removal of one of the cut outs as well as some updates to the pads.

I’ll try flipping them around and see how I like the difference

Jun 22, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #15 of 1,048
I've seen plenty of stuff that looks expensive but is cheap, but this is a rare example of the inverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back