R8 vs R9 in meta42?
Aug 13, 2002 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
What is the advantage/disadvantage of putting r8 in as opposed to r9? I put r8 in, since I might be using ksc-35s with it. . . and I jumpered across r9. Anyone?

Aug 13, 2002 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 4
for me I found some static with a 100ohm resistor on R8 and jumpered R9 but with a 100ohm on R9 and a jumpered R8 I found dead silence on my 16 ohm awia earbuds. I *really* really must have messed something up while switching around because i don't remembering hearing hiss when I first tried a resistor with R8 but when I tried it again later on I still found some hiss with 100ohm resistor on R8 and a jumpered R9.

If you have dips you can just experiment with it yourself and find out which one you like better.
smily_headphones1.gif

and also I found the volume much louder with both positions jumpered but it comes with hiss.
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2002 at 5:18 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by puppyslugg

Even at 'normal' listening levels?

well lets say I left the volume knob untouched (with the amp off) I switched out the resistor for the jumper so that R9/R8 was jumpered and I turned the amp on and I found the volume to much louder than before.
confused.gif
I don't know why it sounds louder it just does...

edit: I'm not even sure if I can notice the volume difference with my HD-600's but I can sure notice the volume difference with my 16ohm awia earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back