r700 amp?
Mar 21, 2002 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

New Head-Fier
Hiya,

I've got an r700 and am using it portably. Thus, will only be able to carry smaller headphones eg. koss or earbuds.
Also I think this md doesn't have a true line out.

As such, is it worthwhile to use an amp? Will it improve my music considerably?

Thanks,
Enhui

Mar 21, 2002 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 3
Most earbuds do not benefit from an amp and, in fact, many seem to fair worse while being powered by one. The Koss 60ohm-driver line do sound better when used with an amp, but are not totally necessary.

I like the MD form factor for its true portability and prefer to use it without extraneous accessories.

Mar 22, 2002 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 3
i too have the r700, and when i bought my etys er4s', i read all the reviews, and decided to cough up for a total airhead. let me tell you, it's well worth the 159 clams. particulary on the mini disc, cause there is no line out like on my ej925 cdp. you will notice a big difference from a volume and quality standpoint. as far as portability, headroom has a neat little bag that'll store the md player and amp and wires together, which i can easily fit in to my suit pocket and use on the commute to sf. so yeah, id say try the total airhead. you have a 30 day try out period too, so you can't lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back