R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Aug 30, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #4,006 of 4,409
Oh dear.

You did say IRS file? Do you mean this with an .irs extension or .wav extension? Or both?

I used response files from AutoEQ. I tried renaming them from wav to irs with the same result (crash). It does work on my R6 Pro with the same files. And the clicking sound seems to be fixed.

Remind me what the "other sample rate bypass" button does?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #4,007 of 4,409
Not sure if anyone here is aware, but there is a new firmware out.

R5 Firmware V1.94G Update

Changelog:

1. Added online music content from TIDAL;
2. Updated HiByMusic app to 1.6.8 version--fixed the TIDAL login issue;
3. Various other bug fixes.
Hi, anyone could help me, after try to update my device with the update manager, I always got the error: fot5s.0.0.0.0. ... no connection. Any Ideas?

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #4,008 of 4,409
Hi, anyone could help me, after try to update my device with the update manager, I always got the error: fot5s.0.0.0.0. ... no connection. Any Ideas?

Try removing your sd card, seemed to work for me.

Aug 31, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #4,009 of 4,409
hey, i dont know if this is the correct thread or not for the R5 Saber, i have a question about the media button, is it just me or the button is "wrong"? the left << button when pressed is actually activate forward / next track function, and the right >> button when pressed activate the rewind / previous track function
r5s media button.jpg

Aug 31, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #4,010 of 4,409
hey, i dont know if this is the correct thread or not for the R5 Saber, i have a question about the media button, is it just me or the button is "wrong"? the left << button when pressed is actually activate forward / next track function, and the right >> button when pressed activate the rewind / previous track function

This is the way. Not sure if it’s Asia or China that have it the opposite. It’s the same for the Fiio BTR5.

Aug 31, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #4,011 of 4,409
This is the way. Not sure if it’s Asia or China that have it the opposite. It’s the same for the Fiio BTR5.
oh i forgot to mention, my r5 saber is china rom version, it just feels weird, the left button is actually next track and the right button rewinding the track since i used to have it the "normal" way (left for rewind, right for next track)

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #4,012 of 4,409
When transferring FLAC/MP3 files via USB transfer file mode, sometimes, it's getting stuck then a Windows error-sound will occur on my PC but there's no error message at all. It is just stuck until I click "cancel". Does anyone also encounter this issue? I also noticed that when this happens, some tracks on my R5 tend to skip few seconds. Not sure if this is just because of my sd card. I did try to format it before and it is still the same. Is it better to transfer files via SD card reader instead? My worry is if will it ruin the playlist that I created if I remove the SD card from R5? Sorry for bad english.

try setting both dap and pc with same bit rate and frecuency in audio settings (worked for me). IIRC dap is set to 32 bits as default

Sep 4, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #4,013 of 4,409
Would someone please be so inclined to explain to me what the 4 different roll of settings do to the frequency response? I cannot find a graph or any documentation that explains these settings.

Thank you in advance.

Sep 5, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #4,014 of 4,409
Would someone please be so inclined to explain to me what the 4 different roll of settings do to the frequency response? I cannot find a graph or any documentation that explains these settings.

Thank you in advance.
397EB74E-0456-40E0-BA58-8B8BE353F89B.jpeg

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #4,015 of 4,409
Hey guys, I'm planning to replace my micro SD (feels weird, some tracks are being corrupted after transferring new files via USB transfer PC to R5). Can you recommend me some good micro SD card specifically for R5 (original, not saber)? What are you guys using and what "class" should I look for?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #4,016 of 4,409
But you are right... replaygain only changes the volume of the whole track to prevent track volumes from being all over the place between albums.

The thing is it usually does that by lowering the volume of louder tracks, so of course the moment you turn it off the track sounds louder which almost everyone perceives as an improvement in sound quality when the change in volume is not pointed out or noticed. The volume stepping up every time you turn it off and stepping down every time you turn it on also makes comparison very difficult.

and this is why the loudness war exists and all the music is mastered badly

because of idiots who think the louder is better lol

Sep 13, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #4,017 of 4,409
Hey guys, I'm planning to replace my micro SD (feels weird, some tracks are being corrupted after transferring new files via USB transfer PC to R5). Can you recommend me some good micro SD card specifically for R5 (original, not saber)? What are you guys using and what "class" should I look for?
I've always made it a point to stick with SanDisk microSD cards that were Class 10 and have never had any issues. Lately, I've been using "High Endurance" cards which is probably overkill but it gives me some extra peace-of-mind.

This is the one I've been using most recently:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07P4HBRMV

Sep 18, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #4,018 of 4,409
I've always made it a point to stick with SanDisk microSD cards that were Class 10 and have never had any issues. Lately, I've been using "High Endurance" cards which is probably overkill but it gives me some extra peace-of-mind.

This is the one I've been using most recently:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07P4HBRMV
SanDisk Ultra is what I stick to. Definitely class 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back