R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Oct 9, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #3,166 of 4,409
In the past 10 days, my R5 has twice shown the android on his back screen when powered on. I was able to get it running both times, but I’m wondering why this is happening and if it’s a sign of a failing unit. 😒
Vol+ plus power button is the actual button combination for going into recovery, are you pressing the volume button by accident while powering on by any chance?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 10, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #3,167 of 4,409
Vol+ plus power button is the actual button combination for going into recovery, are you pressing the volume button by accident while powering on by any chance?

Very well could be, thank you!

Oct 10, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #3,168 of 4,409
I am getting mighty pissed off at Canada Post. All they continue to do is give me the run around. This is all I have for the last tracking update in August. The only tracking info is that from over 6 weeks ago. They admitted the item appears to be lost. I contacted Hiby, and all they say is I should just wait another month for the item to see if it arrives. This is total garbage. I won't be buying anything from China again.

• 2020-08-26 23:30
    Delivering
    Departed country of origin
Unfortunately, when AliExpress tracking says a parcel has departed the Ccountry of origin, all it really means is that it's passed through the outward office of exchange. It doesn't mean it's actually gone anywhere. However, in your case, Canada Post have obviously dropped the ball. What date did it show as arriving in Canada?

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #3,170 of 4,409
Aliexpress won't allow me to open a dispute for an item not received until November 22nd. I am not impressed with this entire experience. I have always had horrible luck, and once again I got ****in screwed.

Oct 12, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #3,175 of 4,409
As I said before, I just won't order any crap from China again. I have had many parcels from there magically go missing and never arrive. Sick and tired of it.
Tried typing your tracking number into google to see if it's been handed over to another service?

Oct 12, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #3,176 of 4,409
Hello R5 users...
i am very happy with my new R5 except the Qobuz.
Primephonic and Spotify seems to be working offline but Qobuz is not.
It is still showing me message about internet connection for my downloaded albums ?
it is version 5.12.0.7
the other apps I downloaded from the store while Qobuz I downloaded with APK because Qobuz is not available in the play store in my country.....

Oct 12, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #3,177 of 4,409
But these ones have magically gone missing in Canada haven't they? Seems your problem is not China.
This complaint is so often directed to Canada Post, that it makes you wonder if there is a culture in Canada Post to thieve items without any comeback. This is not Ali but the Canada Post Appropriation Association.

Oct 12, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #3,178 of 4,409
Packages from China will always be an easy target, as suspicion will fall on the seller.

I did receive mine in the UK quite promptly recently. Awesome little bit of tech. Mainly used Tidal streaming (need to get a SD card) and it impressed me a lot.

Is the YouTube app restricted to 480p?

Oct 12, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #3,179 of 4,409
Packages from China will always be an easy target, as suspicion will fall on the seller.

I did receive mine in the UK quite promptly recently. Awesome little bit of tech. Mainly used Tidal streaming (need to get a SD card) and it impressed me a lot.

Is the YouTube app restricted to 480p?
It's sad that this attitude still prevails today. It smacks of a false sense of superiority from certain people in the West. Here we have a guy who freely admits it's the postal system in Canada that has lost his parcels and he's still talking about not 'ordering any more crap from China'. Given that almost all the manufacturers participating on this forum are based in China, I think it's quite offensive to make sweeping generalisations like that, especially when the evidence clearly points to dishonesty or incompetence in Canada, not China.

Oct 12, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #3,180 of 4,409
Hi All, I have been using my loved R5 since it arrived on last Jan 20th, in average 1 week/month, 10h/week, in the last 2 months this has increased to 5d/w, 1h/day and yesterday when I removed it from charger I found this unexpected status: that battery has swollen and has pushed out 2-5mm the back cover (please see attached photos I hope you can see the curvature of the battery
IMG_20201012_153908.jpg
).

IMG_20201012_153928.jpg

IMG_20201012_154011.jpg

Which is the solution to this problem? Thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back