R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
May 2, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #2,146 of 4,410
Might try that it's very annoying left overnight it was at 39 just checked and its now 15. No apps running, even turned WiFi off. Something not right here. Very sad as otherwise it's briliant.

Hi, was having exactly the same issue with my R5 as well. Did a factory reset and carefully repeated all the set up steps I'd previously done - including the Google services permissions. For me; turns out the culprit was the Night Light setting - when it's set to 'Turns on from sunset to sunrise' it prevents the R5 from going to sleep (power button flashes blue) and drains the battery. I've set it to a custom time, the device now sleeps correctly and the battery drain has gone.

Hope this might help.

May 2, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #2,147 of 4,410
Doesn't show up in battery usage but then it's not showing anything correctly in their either. It has full permissions as recommended by Hiby on latest firmware. I've uninstalled a few apps to see if one of those is the culprit. If still the same will drop Hiby a line to ask them. Dont want reset device just yet.
i turned off location services since r5 doesn't have a gps

May 2, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #2,148 of 4,410
Well I have done a factory reset and only installed essential music apps. Its only lost a few % in last 3 hours. So something was off before or one of the apps was causing it.

May 3, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #2,150 of 4,410
Definitely fixed it with the factory reset. Thanks @MW68 for the advice.

May 3, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #2,152 of 4,410
i turned off location services since r5 doesn't have a gps
Location works on WiFi to not just GPS so it's still works.
Anyone care to summarize the pros/cons of hi gain vs lo? I switch to hi to improve volume sensitivity
Mines just set at low. none of my headphones are particular sensitive or hard to drive so have no issues with Volume or hiss.

May 4, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #2,153 of 4,410
Hi, I would like to know the procedure that you have done when returning your Hiby R5 to Hong Kong.

My R5 was having temperature issues and it gets hot while playing with Tidal (WiFi) and 4.4mm Balanced out simultaneously. Because of it, the battery swell and the back plate was detached from the body.

Also, I'm experiencing Bluetooth and WiFi connection drop-outs.

Hiby asked me to fill-out the RMA which I did, but did not receive any response from them. Did you received an e-mail from them first before sending your device back?
The back of mine popped off as well.

May 5, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #2,158 of 4,410
Make sure you disable wi-fi and BT.
Why on earth would I want to do that. I use streaming more than local files. I tried it and made no difference it still drained. Anyway a factory reset fixed it. Lasted for two days and still going.

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #2,159 of 4,410
Why on earth would I want to do that. I use streaming more than local files. I tried it and made no difference it still drained. Anyway a factory reset fixed it. Lasted for two days and still going.
not had problems with battery drainage but accuracy on touch the touchscreen is a bit hit and miss when selecting next track on amazon

May 5, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #2,160 of 4,410
If you connect the mojo to the R5 don't expect bit perfect playback to it. Android does not work well with external DACs, the apps require modifying to deal with it. UAPP is fine, Tidal and Qobuz will just output at the DACs highest rate and not switch dependant on source. Tried it with my DragonFly as a test and everything outputs at 96/24 to it regardless of source.
I use Tidal in my R5 connected to Mojo - do you mean I don't get bit perfect for the HiFi subscription I have?
I understood R5 introduces the direct audio output to avoid Android problems; is Tidal using this output or HiBy app is the only one to get benefit of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back