R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Oct 15, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #1,051 of 4,410
Allow to throw my 2 cents in also, the screen protector is like a rubberized mess with a ton of adhesive on it. The contrast did improve when I removed mine. I had a picture of it in a crumpled ball way back in the thread so you could see just what material it was composed of.

I've personally never seen one so soft and rubbery. I've just been making do without one, but I'd like to get a good tempered glass one.
So do you think the screen is scratch prone or is it tough?

Oct 15, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #1,054 of 4,410
I'll be taking my R5 everywhere including listening on my motorcycle, so a screen protector is worth while. The Samsung version I fitted although not glass is a vast improvement, and for less than $2 seemed like a good stop gap until a glass version can be found.
BTW bought a set of IMR Atens which arrived today, I was grinning like a loon when I played some of my favourite tracks. Awesome IEM's.

Oct 15, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #1,055 of 4,410
It is Gorilla glass isn't it? I too hate the rubbery screen protector- when I try to swipe to unlock its very difficult. My fingers stick to it.

The screen protector reminds me of the temporary soft plastic things they put on stuff that you just peel off and toss lol

Ok let's start a class action lawsuit against hiby for not including real screen protectors! Who's with me? They do for everything else under the sun.

I'm joking of course, I absolutely love the R5. They probably used that sticky one because of the 2.5 edges.

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #1,056 of 4,410
I'll be taking my R5 everywhere including listening on my motorcycle, so a screen protector is worth while. The Samsung version I fitted although not glass is a vast improvement, and for less than $2 seemed like a good stop gap until a glass version can be found.
BTW bought a set of IMR Atens which arrived today, I was grinning like a loon when I played some of my favourite tracks. Awesome IEM's.

Hey I looked at those iems you mentioned, the IMRs. Look gorgeous, especially the one with a DD, piezo and planar. Do you have other iems to make comparisons? Thanks

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #1,057 of 4,410

Got my little ap80

I use my little ap80 for active use. So I might be able to get by without one.

Oct 15, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #1,058 of 4,410
Hey I looked at those iems you mentioned, the IMRs. Look gorgeous, especially the one with a DD, piezo and planar. Do you have other iems to make comparisons? Thanks
I own R5 and IMR R1 Zenith, I like so much this combo that I bought also IMR RAH.
I listen Hiby R5 also with R2 Aten and it’s amazing.
R1 Zenith is stunning with acoustic and audiophile music, R2 is more relaxed... RAH?!? No one know, it will be available on November.

Oct 15, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #1,059 of 4,410
I'm using U2fsol nitro quantum. Palladium cables micro printed with strontium code patterns for each of the quantum engines.

Zibendium liquid alloy shells fit any ear and flux in all frequencies with the quantum engines. Current software fluxes with 11 dimensions for THE biggest sound presentation and infinity processing of the Boudum micro codec allows data processing of 12x100p and up.

I'd take a pic of them, but they're in another dimension atm. Oh the detail!!

Oct 15, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #1,060 of 4,410
I'm using U2fsol nitro quantum. Palladium cables micro printed with strontium code patterns for each of the quantum engines.

Zibendium liquid alloy shells fit any ear and flux in all frequencies with the quantum engines. Current software fluxes with 11 dimensions for THE biggest sound presentation and infinity processing of the Boudum micro codec allows data processing of 12x100p and up.

I'd take a pic of them, but they're in another dimension atm. Oh the detail!!
M-Theory and String Theory mashed together.... did you meet Zaphod there?

Oct 16, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #1,062 of 4,410
My take on the HiBy R5. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

photo_2019-09-12_23-41-29.jpg

Oct 16, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #1,064 of 4,410
I got rid of the R3 because of the warm sound signature, the treble extension isn't even close with R5. And I definitely wouldn't call the r5 smooth and mellow.

Interesting about the dx160 being better in every regard, what cans did you use? The r5 is one of the best I've heard and that includes the wm1a and dx220, the 160 must be something.

Oct 16, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #1,065 of 4,410
I got rid of the R3 because of the warm sound signature, the treble extension isn't even close with R5. And I definitely wouldn't call the r5 smooth and mellow.

Interesting about the dx160 being better in every regard, what cans did you use? The r5 is one of the best I've heard and that includes the wm1a and dx220, the 160 must be something.
They can have Dx160 I returned mine because 3.5mm jack problems and weak battery and software problems. And the Dx160 gets warmer in the hand than the R5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back