1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Tanelorn, Aug 8, 2019.
First

Back
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
Next

Last
  1. rlw6534

The buttons work in Spotify and Tidal as well as the above mentioned apps. Volume works in every app I have tried.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  2. Tanelorn
    So weird...
    For me no button worked.. In any app. But that was a hardware thing obviously.

Interesting to find out what's the problem here..

3. MAK1975
    Joe, You're the man!! I reinstalled UAPP and followed your settings instructions above and now I have full HiRes Playback 88.2, 96, and 192kHz over WiFi (green light indicator now appears). Thank you very much!! Enabling the HiRes direct driver must have messed everything up and caused the R5 to freeze. Kudos to Hiby for the great engineering!! Awesome device!!

Also, it streams Qobuz over full HiRes up to 24/192!! Tidal is still limited to 24-bit 48k until the MQA firmware update! But it looks like from the thread that the R5 has just been MQA certified! Couldn't be happier with this DAP!!

superuser1 and DJ Core like this.
  4. DJ Core
    No lag. The only lag is via Bluetooth from my smart TV. Anything other than LDAC has a slight delay.

When connected as a USB DAC.No delay at all, even up to 32bit/384 unlike my ZX300

5. DJ Core
    Dx160 is also superior via heat issues, lag and freezing outright lol but it does look good while it does what it does.

6. superuser1
    Does anyone use the R5 for accessing music stored on a NAS ... how does DLNA/ UPNP work on the R5?

7. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    HiByMusic has built-in DLNA access but BubbleUPnP works better I guess

questin and superuser1 like this.
  8. superuser1
    Thank you for the clarification Joe.. appreciate it.

9. Xinlisupreme
    R5 sound very good also paired to Final Pandora Hope VI, I’m waiting for IMR RAH and silver 8core UPOCC balanced (4.4) cable for my Focal Clear...
    I’m curious to test this DAP with my HP and IEMs.
    I didn’t like HE-400s in SE mode, it needs more power.

Anyway I found R5 simply amazing

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    monsieurfromag3 likes this.
  10. Jayden16
    Has anyone tried the R5 with Andromeda's or other very sensitive IEM's? If so, any hiss?

11. shiftywxm
    My R5 was delivered yesterday and I have to say that I’m very impressed with the player. I’ve had the Fiio M9, A&K SR15 and a Fiio M11. The last player was the M11, but it developed a fault with the Wifi. So far, I’m not missing it at all.

I think it sounds the best out of all of the players I’ve had and it even makes my KZ AS10’s sound a lot better. Music just seems to come out cleaner than the others I’ve tried. My only gripe so far would be the led light on the power button. Had to turn it off when it started pulsating.

12. Photoman
    I’m glad you like it. The pulsating light can be tame by turning off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

13. 1000ROUNDZ
    I got the Atlas and there's no problem with hiss in my experience, even with WiFi on streaming on UAPP.

14. robbi22
    Listening R5 with Solaris. Don't have any hiss)

superuser1 and VideoWork like this.
  15. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    There's a separate setting in Settings->Display for turning off the power LED independently of player function...

superuser1 likes this.
First

Back
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
Next

Last