R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Oct 5, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #916 of 4,410
Hey,
Why do you want to use the R5 as a transport to the mojo. From my perspective the R5 sounds absolutely amazing and does not need a mojo to sound good.
If you like the mojo sound signature you could safe the money for a r5 and use your phone as source with a proper softwareplayer like uapp.

Great minds think alike ha ha.

Oct 5, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #917 of 4,410
Dear @Tanelorn

Please email service@hiby.com with a copy of your description of the problem and CC [see pm] to keep me in the loop on their response. Thanks.

I do think they should make some exception in this case.

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 5, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #918 of 4,410
Dear @Tanelorn

Please email service@hiby.com with a copy of your description of the problem and CC [see pm] to keep me in the loop on their response. Thanks.

I do think they should make some exception in this case.

Best regards,
Joe
Hey Joe, thanks a lot for that quick reply. I thought you would be still on holiday
I will check your pm immediately and send that email.

Oct 5, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #919 of 4,410
Any major manufacturer's card should work in the R5. Class 10 or UH1 is more than fast enough for any music I have.
- Memory cards usually get quite a bit cheaper for Black Friday in November. 200GB and 400GB are best price per GB. We'll see if the 512GB size drop in November now that there are some 1TB cards out there...
- I always pre-test 128GB and larger cards before using them to test read/write speeds & to make sure they have the memory capacity they are labeled. There are a lot of fake cards out there.
Thanks for the info.
I've used a company called my memory in the UK and they've been pretty reliable and good quality.
Like you say black Friday is not that far off.
Cheers

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #920 of 4,410
Hey Joe, thanks a lot for that quick reply. I thought you would be still on holiday
I will check your pm immediately and send that email.
Well, yes, the people servicing service@hiby.com would probably take until the 8th to come back and reply :sweat_smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 6, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #924 of 4,410
Thanks mates for your support and nice words. I will keep you updated how it will be sorted out by Hiby.

BTW. Does anyone know the frequency response of the R5? My r3 has 20hz to 40khz. Is it wider on the R5?
I am asking because I am thinking about buying headphones that reach down to 5hz..

Oct 6, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #925 of 4,410
Caution! Partial Rant at manufacturers that report crazy specifications !

Ok... I've actually been wondering about this reporting of anything wider than 20-20,000 Hz. Whether it be for a power amp, a headphone amp, a DAP, A DAC, Speakers, or a Headphone/IEM/Earbud. And like the "HiRes" sticker means the device can send out frequencies up to something like 40,000 Hz. (Again inaudible for most humans)

1) When all we had were stereos, almost all of them had a low frequency filters to minimize/delete sound below 20hz. WHY? Well 2 reasons. First, Those frequencies take a lot more energy, watts, power to drive. AND with speakers, trying to make a woofer move at anything below 20hz, was asking to possible damage the Woofers. Second, I am not sure if anyone can reliably hear below 20Hz. Below 20 Hz is more likely to be felt as vibration, than actually heard from what I remember.
2) So Today we have "tiny speakers" (DD) and other kinds of drivers that were probably never intended to see frequencies below 20Hz, Why would I want to waste battery power to send under 20Hz sound to a device that would probably get damaged if driven to a level that one could actually fee or hear inside the ear? Let alone the damage those powerful, (silent to most all of us), under 20Hz frequencies would do to your ears/hearing. ( Recently saw IBASSO 160 spec saying 10hz - 40,000Hz. (remember the 10hz, not 100% sure of the 40K). Some suppliers don't even show lower frequency, even if their device could produce it, in their specifications. Flat output down to 20Hz if all you need in a DAP, and for a headphone to reproduce.
3) It is actually pretty difficult to reproduce under 20 Hz with Speakers. Even most Sub-Woofers people but don't really produce much sound below 20Hz. A few do, and they really can shake a house and take a lot of power to drive.
4) Specs that say 5Hz to 40KHz, really say almost nothing. I am sure that with sensitive enough equipment, and old transistor radio could be given that spec. Without a +/- 3dB, or +/- 10dB after the frequency range it could be +/- 30dB and so, some of that range would be produced at a very quiet/low volume.
5) I would doubt that you would find much recorded music that has any sound below 20 Hz. If there were any in the original performance, it's usually deleted/filtered out in the digital recording process.

You will never hear 5Hz, and the headphones will never produce that low a frequency at any detectable volume. IF, it could produce 5 to 20Hz sound, And there was significant sound in that range in the recording/file. you would probably be sending 20-30% of your power to the headphones to feel them shake on your ears.

Oct 6, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #926 of 4,410
I agree with that, and have mentioned it before, the Japanese hd certification is pretty meaningless as it's required spec parameters are beyond the threshold of human hearing.

More of a marketing thing, in fact some really high end headphones don't even extend down to 20hz or up to 20khz, why? Because the lower freq is felt not heard and most people just can't hear 20khz.

Having said that, I can't find reliable specs for frequency output for r5. But I'm sure it specs at least 20hz to 20khz and probably beyond.

Oct 6, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #927 of 4,410
I agree with that, and have mentioned it before, the Japanese hd certification is pretty meaningless as it's required spec parameters are beyond the threshold of human hearing.

More of a marketing thing, in fact some really high end headphones don't even extend down to 20hz or up to 20khz, why? Because the lower freq is felt not heard and most people just can't hear 20khz.

Having said that, I can't find reliable specs for frequency output for r5. But I'm sure it specs at least 20hz to 20khz and probably beyond.
Only saw this post... https://www.head-fi.org/threads/r5-a-new-android-dap-by-hiby.912566/page-61#post-15228637

Oct 6, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #930 of 4,410
Well I don't know about 80kHz, but all our players should be able to play way below 20Hz with ease and most IEMs actually have no trouble with it--because of how little air they actually need to move once sealed on your ears.

Download a frequency generator app from Play Store and see for yourself--although some of these may not play nice with the DTA architecture on our players :hmm: (which means nothing worse than that they won't play)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back