R10 & ATH L3000 on ebay (UK)
Jul 30, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #16 of 35
Maybe we could all go in on shares, like a timeshare.

Jul 30, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #17 of 35
wow....that is a rare find. A minty new R10, and late production run at that. This auction will get expensive ....very expensive. BTW, the later production run of the R10 will come with the blue manual and smooth finished on the earpads. For comparison, look at my R10. I believe there are two different finished on the R10: a more glossy and the one that show more grain on the wood. The pair on e-bay probably has the more glossy finished cups.

PCESonyMDR-R10_1.jpg

PCESonyMDR-R10_3.jpg

Jul 30, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #18 of 35
Yeah that late production run is amazing. Man that grain is amazing on yours too I've never seen that look before.

Jul 30, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can only dream of owning a pair unless I want to break my wallet. Is Sony or Audio-Technica going to release another limited edition this year ?

I don't think Sony will, but maybe they will surprise us. IMO recently Sony only seem to care about the mass-market and not the pro or highend market. I wish their Qualia line is still here. The Audio-Technica on the hand might release another limited edition model but will that model be as good as the L3000, I am sure. When they released the L3000 it took them nearly three years to sell them all and they went all out with all exotic parts. Just like HE90 to Sennheiser, the R10 and L3000 are statement products from these company, so I'm not really sure if they will try top that again. I really want them too though. We really need more of the highend headphones as the amp market continues to gain strength.

Jul 30, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #23 of 35
Yeah 3 years to sell ~550 units doesn't exactly get product managers all excited. And this has been common across the board except for the Edition 9s :/ I have faith that Sennheiser will be the first up to bat and hopefully the rest follow.

Jul 30, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #24 of 35
Sennheiser should have something in the work but I don't think that their nex top dynamics will beat the HE90 either. A statement headphones are very difficult to manufactured actually as the company has to go through all the R&D just to come up with R10, K1000, Qualia, and HE-90. Those headphones are very special and uniqued as all of them employ a revolutionary in driver designed. The L3000 is a by product of several generations of AT woodies, which started out in 1995 with the W10VTG.

Jul 30, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #25 of 35
Jul 30, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #27 of 35
i always treat all my stuff like gold -- i'm weird that way.

i'd probably wear velvet gloves all the time if i had r10s to listen to!

Aug 7, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #29 of 35
as a regular ebayer.... there are currently a lot of scam out there.... especially items like this are considered high risk for both seller and buyer...

if I am the buyer... I would visit the seller and test the headphone on site... and probability discuss other forms of payment...

no one carries that much cash in their suitcase <- not wallet ^_^

Aug 7, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonylei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as a regular ebayer.... there are currently a lot of scam out there.... especially items like this are considered high risk for both seller and buyer...

if I am the buyer... I would visit the seller and test the headphone on site... and probability discuss other forms of payment...

no one carries that much cash in their suitcase <- not wallet ^_^

I agree totally. Just too expensive and too much risk on the buyer. Plus the seller is oversea. What will happen if your headphones arrive and have channel imbalance issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back