R10 & ATH L3000 on ebay (UK)
Jul 29, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #4 of 35
So he wants that large of a payment in cash in person. Call me crazy but I don't think I would want to meet up to make a deal with a complete stranger with £5,000 in my pocket. Also, the pictures are just over a year old (they could have forgotten to set the camera's clock though). Is it somebody here that's selling them?

If it's legit, then it's like the holy grail of headphone listings.

Edit: Feedback finally loaded up. Doesn't look so bad after all.

Jul 29, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 35
Two great pair of headphones!
Both of them rarely come up for sale. So this might be the chance if you really want one (or both) of them.
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree that bringing £5000 to meet someone totally unknown at Paddington Station, London seems a bit crazy though.

Jul 29, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So he wants that large of a payment in cash in person. Call me crazy but I don't think I would want to meet up to make a deal with a complete stranger with £5,000 in my pocket. Also, the pictures are just over a year old (they could have forgotten to set the camera's clock though). Is it somebody here that's selling them?

If it's legit, then it's like the holy grail of headphone listings.

Edit: Feedback finally loaded up. Doesn't look so bad after all.

I think a bigger bell to the BS radar would be if the price was very low, the seller wanted you to email him outside of ebay, and/or was unwilling to meet in person to exchange goods. The mere fact that he prefers to keep it local pickup probably shows he is more concerned with people ripping him off, and not the other way around.

Wish I was in the UK, for sure
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #8 of 35
Well I guess someone could always get a flight if they were serious and not in the area and at the same time get to see a bit of the UK.

Jul 29, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #9 of 35
Also....this listing is incredibly expensive. 5000 Pound is equilvalent to 10000 USD. The going rate for the L3000 is b/w $2100 to $2500 while R10 is between $3500 to $5000. That is definitely not a good deal. Plus...you have to pay for them in cash. US dollar is so weak right now...so this deal is definitely too expensive.

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #13 of 35
L3000s do come up for sale now and then here on head-fi. The R10, not so much. The rarest headphone I have seen is the Qualia 010. Never seen it for sale. Ever.

Not to mention it comes in 3 sizes, getting the right one would be pretty damn hard (and expensive) :/

Jul 30, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ebay has a new R10 up for grab. It would be interesting to see the sale price.

Yep! This is a real treasure! I wish I have cash. At list we can make prognoses and see how well we know the eBay market!

Anyway if somebody seriously want to have them, I live right here! So if you win, I will be more than happy to pick them up for you!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=007

Users who are viewing this thread

Back