QUQ'S MUSIC PICK OF THE WEEK (sorry i don't matter)
Mar 28, 2006 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

quoteunquote

100+ Head-Fier
why can't i do it? this album is one that i can't go very long without giving a listen. in my opinion, what indie rock is supposed to be like.

The Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I

DES34L.jpg

If you consider yourself a fan of groundbreaking pop, go out and buy this album right now. Now. Get up. Go. A full range of emotions-- orgasm, loss, confusion, uncertainty, resignation, rage-- ooze from The Dismemberment Plan. It's a crime to not be famaliar with this band. Sadly, they broke up and went different musical directions. But at least we can enjoy what they once were.

Mar 29, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #3 of 6
ah..good taste. also, check out the album after this one entitled "Change". a masterpiece in it of itself.

Mar 29, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by quoteunquote
If you consider yourself a fan of groundbreaking pop, go out and buy this album right now. Now. Get up. Go. A full range of emotions-- orgasm, loss, confusion, uncertainty, resignation, rage-- ooze from The Dismemberment Plan.

I love this album, but you lifted your "review" right from that crappy writer Brent DiCrescenzio on Pitchfork. And he was by far the worst reviewer they ever had.

C'mon man, if you really dig this record, you can come up with your own words to champion it.
icon10.gif

Mar 29, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #5 of 6
oh okay..let me try.

this record is....good. it sounds like...nice. if you like good nice things you should buy it.

DAMN.

see, why i took pieces from his review?!
and i didnt even know those pitchfork reviewers had names. as far as i'm concerned, they still don't.

Mar 29, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by quoteunquote
oh okay..let me try.

this record is....good. it sounds like...nice. if you like good nice things you should buy it.

DAMN.

see, why i took pieces from his review?!

Haha. Fair enough.

Quote:

and i didnt even know those pitchfork reviewers had names. as far as i'm concerned, they still don't.

You're not alone. This is seemingly what everyone thinks, which is so puzzling to me. Everyone always whines like "Pitchfork doesn't like my favorite album" or "Pitchfork is so pretentious" as if it is one entity. But it's just like any other magazine/newspaper, where they have some talented writers and some that are not so good. Dominique Leone good, Brent DiCrescenzo bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back