Z5 Monitors
Frequency Range: 20Hz-18KHz*
Nominal Impedance at 1KHz: 68Hz*
Sensitivity at 1KHz: 155dB*
Noise Isolation: 24dB +/- 2dB
Input Connection: 1/8" (3.5mm) Gold Plated Jack

34o91g9.jpg

Costs: $1000.00/set

The Z5 is the ultimate in music monitor systems. It incorporates a balanced dual armature driver for your low end frequencies, a single mid driver and a dual tweeter driver to handle the high frequency tones. There are an additional two crossovers on the dual drivers that makes this unique design a definite studio quality performance and surround sound feeling monitor system.

This info is pulled Directly form their site so I appologize in advance for any copyright infr. I didn't want to mis-quote

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #5 of 48
I have the feeling that so many tiny crossovers is not a good thing.

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 48
Is that supposed to be 68 ohms on a portable device? Yikes, talk about required portable amp. Isolation is rather poor (24db) for a custom also. Sensitivity is very high also, you will certainly bring out any hiss the player will have.

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #7 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds like it would be a little bright

x2

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the feeling that so many tiny crossovers is not a good thing.

x2

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #8 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that supposed to be 68 ohms on a portable device? Yikes, talk about required portable amp. Isolation is rather poor (24db) for a custom also.

yeah that sounds way low considering a shure 530 gets 25 db what is the average for customs?

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #9 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah that sounds way low considering a shure 530 gets 25 db what is the average for customs?

Well I just checked the triplefi's and they are only listed at 26 so perhaps I was talking without checking, but I've seen non customs over 30 before.

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #10 of 48
Never heard of this brand before...

Indeed targeted as a competitor of the UE-11s.

Oct 18, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #11 of 48
Its good either way for more competing products like this as it will lower prices over time so we all get the awesome sound at less. Im all for it in fact i believe more companies should step up.

Oct 18, 2008 at 10:10 AM Post #12 of 48
Interesting...

I'm eager to hear a rewiew. I know I would never buy them, even if they would prove to be better or equal to UE-11 with another sound signature.

The question here is: does more equal better?

Oct 18, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #13 of 48
I think the sound isolation information given by various manufacturers can be pretty misleading. 30dB of isolation is a hell of a lot and I have seen many headphones rated around the 25/26 mark and I know the Bose noise canceling 'phones are rated at a measly 18, but they block out a LOT of noise. It's difficult to measure though, especially with customs I should think so I don't know..

I think this is taking the whole multi driver thing too far/ I also think these would come out sounding a little tinny, to be honest, and I know there are people round these parts who go to all the trouble of moding their ipods and using silver-wire LODs and it seems pointless to do that if you're gonna run the signal through a bunch of SMD caps in the crossover. Also, $1k is a lot. I would like to hear someone's impressions on them. (EyeAmEye? Need another set of customs?
tongue_smile.gif
)

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #14 of 48
We do not need more and more drivers, now is five, in two more years we will have a ten driver version, not sure if by then they will be able to fit them in the earpieces, or we will need an extra pocket to carry the extra drivers and a hose connected to the earpieces...
rolleyes.gif

What we indeed need is better drivers, those are still going only to 18KHz, so I'm assuming they will have the same unnatural capped performance on the high freqs as we have now, so IMO why bother?...
confused.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #15 of 48
Maybe the ultimate one wil be a 6 driver one to make the range hit 20khz...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back