[Quick Review] Monster Lil Jamz
May 19, 2010 at 8:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

daydesiang

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I get this Monster Lil Jamz about a week and this is my first attempt to write a review here. Hope everyone be 'kind' to me.

[size=14pt]Packaging, Accessories and Build Quality[/size]
Accessories ▅▅▅▅▅6
Build Quality ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅8
Isolation ▅▅▅▅▅5
Comfort ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Quick Sum: It's one of the best looking and best chrome housing IEM I ever tried. It feel very very solid! Not to mention the cable, it's thicker than others and tangle free. Worried about the cable at the same time since there is no strain relief. Isolation is around -19db, similar to CX300. This is one of the most comfortable IEM I ever tried but it take some time for me to wear it properly. If you don't get a proper seal sound quality suffers.

[size=14pt]Sound Quality[/size]
Low ▅▅▅▅▅6
Mid ▅▅▅▅▅
High ▅▅▅▅
Soundstage ▅▅▅▅▅5
3D ▅▅▅▅4
Sound Signature: Warm, Strong Lower Mids, better than average details

Quick Sum: We are not talking about muffle bass or non-acurate bass but accurate tight bass. Not as deep as a subwoofer, which is good because it won't drain the details. The lower mid is very strong, good details. If compare to CX300-II, it's not muffle, almost have the same soundstage but better mid's. The high's is better than average. It's suitable for modern POP, especially Remix modern POP!

[size=14pt]Summary[/size]

Construction ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅8
Sound Quality ▅▅▅▅▅5
Price ▅▅▅▅▅5
Overall ▅▅▅▅▅5

Quick Sum: For the price, it's slightly expensive than many IEMs. But it's one of the coolest and good build quality IEM with a leather pouch! SQ wise is better than average but good when you listen to modern POP.

Contender: Sennheiser CX400-II - Less Bass, precise instruments but slight laid back mids.

0▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅10

May 19, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #6 of 13
was looking at these since my flyer program had these and lady gaga beats for redemption. But since they aren't that great, i might wait out to see if my flyer program would add any more new monster iems in the future, hopefully the jamz or even the turbine series. :p 

Thx for bringing this mini-review up to get more impressions from other users in

May 19, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
was looking at these since my flyer program had these and lady gaga beats for redemption. But since they aren't that great, i might wait out to see if my flyer program would add any more new monster iems in the future, hopefully the jamz or even the turbine series. :p 

Thx for bringing this mini-review up to get more impressions from other users in

Aren't you own the best Monster IEM Monster Turbine Pro Copper?! I think this and Jamz won't satisfy u anymore :p

May 20, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #9 of 13
yea i do have the coppers, i was thinking since my flyer program has it i might try it out, well im still hoping they would put up the gold or MD for redemption :p

May 22, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #11 of 13
well market price in the us is about 250 usd, but in malaysia should be way above that price. Haven't heard the ie8 so i can't compare but the copper beats my tf10 hands down.

May 22, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
well market price in the us is about 250 usd, but in malaysia should be way above that price. Haven't heard the ie8 so i can't compare but the copper beats my tf10 hands down.

Haha Malaysia have to wait until this July for the release of Full Monster Headphones Line Up... price shd be around RM1200++ ~USD380 lolz

Sep 20, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #13 of 13
If you stay in Malaysia maybe can come sg to buy? I got mine in Stereos at Causeway Point due to a promotion of SGD$180 (UP$210) and i grabbed one lol, If the promo still stands you might wanna consider? =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back