Quick Question to anyone with a Asus Xonar Essence ST
May 11, 2012 at 9:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Fastfingaz

New Head-Fier
[size=x-small]Hi all, just had a quick question about my newly installed Asus Xonar Essence ST. After installing it and [size=100%]updating[/size] the drivers I only have 2 sound profiles under Control Panel/Sound/Playback one named "Speakers" and one thats "S/PDIF direct". Someone told me that I should have a profile for the headphone amp as well. Can anyone confirm or deny this, as I only have 2.

Thanks a bunch!
[/size]

May 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #2 of 5
You should have more under the drop down for analog out. I think offhand its speaker output and headphone output but there could be more. Then underneath that there is a check box for spdif out. Make sure that you are in the xonar audio center when you are doin this I don't know what the windows default manager shows up. If you are having problems try the unixonar drivers http://brainbit.wordpress.com/category/uni-xonar/ Different interface and I would advise reading up fully on the site before installing the different drivers.

May 11, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
There is a Headphone option under Xonar control. However, in Window's itself there is only the 2 listed when I was told there should be one for headphones.

In the Windows control panel, under Sound, there should not be any listing for Asus Headphone, just Asus Speaker.
The "Speaker, Asus Xonar Essence ST Audio Device" listing is the generic listing for the whole Asus sound card.
Only headphone listing & settings should be in the Xonar control panel.

May 11, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
In the Windows control panel, under Sound, there should not be any listing for Asus Headphone, just Asus Speaker.
The "Speaker, Asus Xonar Essence ST Audio Device" listing is the generic listing for the whole Asus sound card.
Only headphone listing & settings should be in the Xonar control panel.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back