Quick question for anyone /w a Panasonic SL-SW850
Aug 10, 2001 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Chu

1000+ Head-Fier
I recently bought one of these from the for sale/trade board (thanks NEO) and have a quick question about this. Does this model always charge batteries when the AC adaptor is plugged in? I've had messy expirences with alkaline battieries and chargers, and want to make absolutly sure before I try it. Also, I know some panasonic models claim to recharge the battiers while the AC adaptor is in, but only panasonic battieries. Is this even possible (the ditinction between panasonic and generic NiCd battiers)? Also, if it indeed does charge batteries while the AC adptor is in, is there really that big of a difference between NiCd and Metal Hydride to prefer one over the other? Battery memory, battery life, or such?

-Chu

Aug 13, 2001 at 6:41 AM Post #2 of 2
Chu,

The Panasonic CDP's ONLY charge proprietary Panasonic batteries - the ones with a quarter inch of wrapping taken off the minus side of the battery. Anything else won't be charged (unless you mod the battery by taking a quarter inch band of wrapping off the minus side)

In addition, with charge-able batteries inside, the CDP will charge batteries when it's off, and won't charge them when it's playing. The sound can change slightly (I got the best sound off my CDP by running it off of a 6 volt gel cell...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back