Quick question/comment, what have you..
Mar 27, 2006 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

AzNyCans

100+ Head-Fier
Is there any particular reason there doesn't seem to be much love on this forum for Channel Island products, the VHP-1/VAC-1 combo in particular? It seems to be highly regarded wherever I read about it, and I enjoy it immensely, however I rarely see it recommended in most cases. From what I can ascertain, it bests the MF X Can V3 and I see that amp mentioned here all the time. Anyone have any input. BTW it drives the K 701's with some serious authority.

Happy Listening.

Mar 27, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 2
It's probably just as simple as very few people on these boards having them. I have also noticed that nobody really seems to try the bottlehead headphone amp on this forum, but people on Audio Asylum seem to rave about all of the bottlehead products. Part of it is the fact that once a person gets a great review of a product on this site, others try it and it becomes a head-fi phenonmenon (sp?). I believe, correct me if I am wrong, that Singlepower became the headphone tube amp powerhouse that it is today due to a Head-fi member randomly purchasing an amp from Mikhail on ebay, and then praising the amp later in the forums.

So, if you have some good reviews of the CI audio stuff, please share!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back