quick newbie questions about buying an amp
post-195941
Post #1 of 3

tehpressman

Head-Fier
Reaction score
I think I've finally found out what I'll buy now.

Beyer DT770, or 990 (that part I haven't fully decided on) with a Creek OBH-11SE. This will be used out of my Turtle Beach card, and I may get a cd player later on instead.

Now the questions -

1 - Do I need to buy anything for the amp? I'm mainly talking about cables, I assume the amp comes with everything I need, but you can never be too sure when you're new.

2 - I'm thinking about getting one of these nifty things for my computer: Enermax's Multifunction Transfer Panel. Mainly so the amp can plug in right into the front of my case. Will this cause me any problems, like degrading the sound quality or anything else? Again, dumb question, but I have to start somewhere right?

post-195963
Post #2 of 3

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
Reaction score
1) You need a mini to rca cable, to go from the sound card to the amp. Basically, it has a 1/8 plug on end, and 2 RCA jacks on the other.

2) If it works how I think it works(takes output from sound card into panel), then you're running cable inside the case, and yes, you will experience additional interference(not to mention the noise you MIGHT get from using the soundcard as a source).

post-195967
Post #3 of 3

tehpressman

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
1) You need a mini to rca cable, to go from the sound card to the amp. Basically, it has a 1/8 plug on end, and 2 RCA jacks on the other.

2) If it works how I think it works(takes output from sound card into panel), then you're running cable inside the case, and yes, you will experience additional interference(not to mention the noise you MIGHT get from using the soundcard as a source).

Thanks for the quick response.

The panel does exactly that, so I won't get it then. It was just something neat that I thought might be a little useful.