Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550
Oct 21, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #497 of 651
  That great! Any impressions?

A great improvement with the cable on both the ex800st and ex600, you will notice a increase in bass which you can really hear, with my 3 year old ex600, you can really squeeze the extra juice out of them.

now I have a three extra pairs of cable, sitting around, ex800, and 2 ex600.

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #498 of 651
This is my first post here so...hi everybody! :)

I have 2 pair of MDR-7550 and love them. I'm a pro musician and had used them for the last 2 years on stage and in studio with great satisfaction...
...until last week!
During a soundcheck, my R(ight) headphone instantly reduced the volume a lot. At first I thought the R was dead, but listening better (and removing the L from my other ear), I discovered that the R headphone just lost volume. A lot of volume, probably now it's 1/4 of the L volume.
Has anyone of you had something like this?
Do you guys think it's now broken?
Of course, I tested them with another cable and switching parts with the good pair I have. And I confirm that only this R headphone is gone. What could it be?

Another question for you...It seems that the MDR-7550 are discontinued on all the European Sony websites...will be discontinued also from the rest of the world? Do you know more about it?

Thanks so much for every reply!!! ;-D

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #499 of 651
  This is my first post here so...hi everybody! :)

I have 2 pair of MDR-7550 and love them. I'm a pro musician and had used them for the last 2 years on stage and in studio with great satisfaction...
...until last week!
During a soundcheck, my R(ight) headphone instantly reduced the volume a lot. At first I thought the R was dead, but listening better (and removing the L from my other ear), I discovered that the R headphone just lost volume. A lot of volume, probably now it's 1/4 of the L volume.
Has anyone of you had something like this?
Do you guys think it's now broken?
Of course, I tested them with another cable and switching parts with the good pair I have. And I confirm that only this R headphone is gone. What could it be?

Another question for you...It seems that the MDR-7550 are discontinued on all the European Sony websites...will be discontinued also from the rest of the world? Do you know more about it?

Thanks so much for every reply!!! ;-D

Sony discontinues certain products from certain regions. They are not discontinued from the rest of the world yet. 
But have you checked the nozzle and vent to make sure nothing is blocking the nozzle?

Nov 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #505 of 651
Has anyone listened to the GR07/GR07BE and the MDR7550's? 

I don't need excessive levels of bass but i would really like the 7550 i ordered to have at least the same level of bass as my GR07 BE. Is that wishful thinking?

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #506 of 651
  Has anyone listened to the GR07/GR07BE and the MDR7550's? 

I don't need excessive levels of bass but i would really like the 7550 i ordered to have at least the same level of bass as my GR07 BE. Is that wishful thinking?

I haven't heard GR07 or BE, but MDR7550 has one of the best bass I've heard from an iem. It has better impact than my UERM. The bass impact and attack is very good. I wouldn't worry about the bass being bad in anyways.

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #509 of 651
  x2. The 7550 isn't a bass monster but it really does bass well, provided you can get a good seal. I couldn't which is the only reason I didn't keep mine.

lol I don't consider it a bass monster by any means. I mean it's bass is very well controlled and has a nice quantity to it. But there are people who would even consider it on the bass light side to be honest. So when you say it's a bass monster I assume you are coming from bass light IEMs? IEMs like the Heir 8A, Fit Ear 334, Sennhesier IE8, JVC FX700 are IEMs I'd call bass monsters. 
tongue.gif

Nov 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #510 of 651

lol I don't consider it a bass monster by any means. I mean it's bass is very well controlled and has a nice quantity to it. But there are people who would even consider it on the bass light side to be honest. So when you say it's a bass monster I assume you are coming from bass light IEMs? IEMs like the Heir 8A, Fit Ear 334, Sennhesier IE8, JVC FX700 are IEMs I'd call bass monsters. 
tongue.gif

I didn't say it's a bass monster. I said "The 7550 isn't a bass monster but..." :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back