Questyle QP2R
Aug 4, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #1,111 of 1,225
HiBy is never going to update Questyle's software again, so Genre not being a list of songs, Album Artist and different ways of organising artists (first name, last name) are never going to come. Questyle is basically only in a slice of China now. I have no idea why it ended up this way. You'd think they would at least be interested in being on Shenzhen Audio or something similar.

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #1,112 of 1,225
Added "Artist Sort", "Album Artist Sort" and "Album sort" tags to all my music files. I can say that the QP2R does not make use of those tags since it still shows everything in alphabetical order by first name.
I have been making a wish list for Questyle if they ever return to the market.

1. Better use of available tag information is likely my biggest wish. It frustrates me that Questyle, like old Fiio, uses the filename to sort tracks rather than the song title.
  2. A distant second would be a touch screen instead of the scroll wheel. I don't use it much, just because of the way I use my DAPs, but now that I've had both, I prefer a touch screen.
  3. Third, and I realize this is against their stated premise for the QP1R/ 2R is add streaming capability. I won't likely use it, but it would help them with marketing and sales. It seems like almost everyone who posts on Head-fi uses his phone or DAP to stream.
  4. Fourth, keep their operating system agnositc: I like that I can connect it directly to my Mac and not have to use an SD card. I don't know if an agnostic OS is possible if streaming is implemented, though.
  5. Fifth, is there a way to allow data to be loaded faster? It takes forever to dump music onto my QP2R. Of course, I could load an SD card...

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #1,113 of 1,225
HiBy is never going to update Questyle's software again, so Genre not being a list of songs, Album Artist and different ways of organising artists (first name, last name) are never going to come. Questyle is basically only in a slice of China now. I have no idea why it ended up this way. You'd think they would at least be interested in being on Shenzhen Audio or something similar.
That's depressing. Now that I have one, I really like the sound of my Questyle. I hope they return to the international market. Maybe they will, just for me if I ask nicely enough.

Aug 5, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #1,114 of 1,225
I would try reinstalling the firmware to see if it is a software issue. If it's hardware, you are probably screwed.
Hello. So I described that reinstalling the firmware did not help.
Together with the members of the forum, we solved the problem: it was in the relay, which jammed when the player was paused or the headphone jack was removed. Moreover, the relay jammed when the player heats up. Instead of meeting with a radio technician we knew, we wanted to solve the problem by soldering the relay, but as in the joke, a blow decided everything (the master accidentally knocked the player and the relay stopped jamming). We decided not to open the player.

Aug 5, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #1,115 of 1,225
...but as in the joke, a blow decided everything (the master accidentally knocked the player and the relay stopped jamming). We decided not to open the player.
Percussive maintenance to the rescue.

Aug 14, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #1,116 of 1,225
This turns out to be oldish news, but did anyone (except mwhals, who's posted on a different thread) notice Questyle has a new US distributor? Perhaps the QPM will be here soon?

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #1,118 of 1,225
Nov 26, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #1,119 of 1,225
I have recently bought one of these on eBay in very nice condition. When I connect it to my Mac and control click on the QP2r ikon for info it shows that only 28.5 GB of internal memory is available, which I assume is the previous owner's music. However, the only music shown are my own few files. I would like to delete the unwanted files, but why are they invisible? In the menu there is an item called Format, but there is warning that the option "can damage your device". How do I access and delete these files?

I just had a similar issue with my QP1R (that I have just sold). I managed to resolve the issue. There are a few things to try:

1. As the 'ghost' files are in the internal storage - reformat the the internal storage - this should clear it.
2. If not, if possible, hook it up to a Windows computer (I have a Mac, but have a Windows VM operating on it) - open the file explorer window - go to View options and tick the option to show hidden files, once you see them delete and they will be gone. Google for step-by-step process guidance.
3. Google similar for a Mac (I used the Windows option), if '3' doesn't work.
4. Then factory reset.

Nov 26, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #1,120 of 1,225
I just had a similar issue with my QP1R (that I have just sold). I managed to resolve the issue. There are a few things to try:

1. As the 'ghost' files are in the internal storage - reformat the the internal storage - this should clear it.
2. If not, if possible, hook it up to a Windows computer (I have a Mac, but have a Windows VM operating on it) - open the file explorer window - go to View options and tick the option to show hidden files, once you see them delete and they will be gone. Google for step-by-step process guidance.
3. Google similar for a Mac (I used the Windows option), if '3' doesn't work.
4. Then factory reset.
There's a way to display hidden files on Mac, too, but I don't know how. The only Mac I own is my media server, so I'm not expert with it by any means.

Dec 2, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #1,121 of 1,225
which usb c cables work on the questyle....so far i've tried a belkin, mophie...they all buzz. the only one that doesn't buzz is a cheapo u-green

Dec 3, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #1,123 of 1,225
Dec 4, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #1,125 of 1,225
yes i currently use it as a usb dac since i dislike the interface

Users who are viewing this thread

Back