Questyle QP2R
Sep 13, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #1,051 of 1,225
SCV will still honour new Questyle purchases with a 12 month warranty regardless of whether or not they are a distributor which is really reassuring. Hopefully by then Questyle have established an official UK/European distributor.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #1,052 of 1,225
I am sorry that you feel this upset with Questyle but please try and avoid burdening the rest of us too much with your upset and frustration. The Korean and Chinese way of communicating is different to our's (so it seems from reading a number of posts involving their products). But pop onto the Double Helix Cables thread (of Austin, Texas, USA) and you can read posts written by some really pissed off customers. The failure to communicate properly is not exclusively a Questyle or Far East thing and I have had friends and family members whose lack/poor communication has made me feel as upset as you appear to be with Questyle.
I feel it is time you were willing to drop this, we all understand very well indeed, how you feel.

Sep 14, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #1,053 of 1,225
I agree with you. Just wanted to show proof that what I was saying was factual. It's so frustrating that in the QP1R and 2R, they have great products and spoil it all with their lack of customer support. Couldn't a company of that size employ someone to do exactly that? Anyway, I'll just watch from now on and hope to see a UK distributor appointed sooner rather than later.

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #1,054 of 1,225
I'd be surprised if Questyle is a large company. If I had to put my uneducated finger in the air, I'd guess they have less than 20 employees, not counting Bruce Ball and all the folks at Questyle North America.

Sep 21, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #1,055 of 1,225
Hello everyone
I'm wondering if the static noise coming through the earphone every time I change the music track with different sample rate on the QP2R is normal? Will it damage the earphone in the long run?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my broken english.

Sep 22, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #1,056 of 1,225
Hello everyone
I'm wondering if the static noise coming through the earphone every time I change the music track with different sample rate on the QP2R is normal? Will it damage the earphone in the long run?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my broken english.
There's a 'click' sound as the player switches between sample rates, which I believe is normal.

Sep 23, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #1,057 of 1,225
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Nov 13, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #1,058 of 1,225
I have recently bought one of these on eBay in very nice condition. When I connect it to my Mac and control click on the QP2r ikon for info it shows that only 28.5 GB of internal memory is available, which I assume is the previous owner's music. However, the only music shown are my own few files. I would like to delete the unwanted files, but why are they invisible? In the menu there is an item called Format, but there is warning that the option "can damage your device". How do I access and delete these files?

Dec 15, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #1,059 of 1,225
My QP2R battery is draining from 100% to 1% when off over a period of 2 or 3 weeks. My QP1R battery does not drop over the same time frame. Anyone else experience this?

Dec 16, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #1,060 of 1,225
My QP2R battery is draining from 100% to 1% when off over a period of 2 or 3 weeks. My QP1R battery does not drop over the same time frame. Anyone else experience this?
I get this sometime and other times it stay at 90% for forever. It confuses me.

Dec 16, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #1,061 of 1,225
I get this sometime and other times it stay at 90% for forever. It confuses me.

Just checked it and it is between 0 and 1 percent less than yesterday.

Dec 18, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #1,062 of 1,225
I think my Questyle Qp2r has this unexplained 'sleep' mode where it doesn't fully turn off and it drains your battery. I've seen this happen a few times where I think I turn the player off, just to return to it and it instantly comes on without boot up...weird to say the least

Dec 18, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #1,063 of 1,225
I think my Questyle Qp2r has this unexplained 'sleep' mode where it doesn't fully turn off and it drains your battery. I've seen this happen a few times where I think I turn the player off, just to return to it and it instantly comes on without boot up...weird to say the least
I've got into the habit of clicking the wheel after turning the device off, just to make sure it really is OFF.

Dec 18, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #1,064 of 1,225
I went into settings and switched on the auto shutdown. That should fix the issue if it isn’t off. I too press the scroll wheel to make sure, but might not have those two times. It has been fine sense

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #1,065 of 1,225
There's a 'click' sound as the player switches between sample rates, which I believe is normal.
I am thinking about buying a QP2R ... now my questions are:
- are these clicks independent of file type and amount of sample rate?
- clicks occur when switching from AIFF 16/44100 to AIFF 24/96000 and back?
- are the clicks loud or almost not noticeable?
- every device produces these clicks?
- is there a workaround to avoid the clicks?
Thank you very much for sharing your experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back