Questyle QP2R
Apr 12, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #827 of 1,225
Black works for us!

Why are you popping in to so many threads of different products you don’t sell/make and commenting? Genuinely curious.

Apr 13, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #828 of 1,225
Not gonna lie, I hope they do a gold one. Goooold....

The QP2R and Solaris are my favorite pairing right now. What cable do you use?

Apr 13, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #829 of 1,225
I'm overly curious about why they are using the same DAC in the QP2R and not upgrading it for the QP Master.

Apr 13, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #830 of 1,225
I'm overly curious about why they are using the same DAC in the QP2R and not upgrading it for the QP Master.
I think there is a valid argument to be made that changing the stats of the DAC chip at this point causes inaudible differences. They would just be chasing buzz. If they have their DAC section figured out, which I think they do, focusing on making the amp section cleaner is a more solid move. The thing I was bummed about was no touchscreen. I think that hurts them in the market more than anything else. Touch screens are just a superior interface to wheels. I think if the sound delivered is better than the QP2R, the interface won't matter to enough people for it to be a big success. I still think the QP2R competes with DAPs at any price for best sound and it can play my HE1000 V2 (plenty of drive) or my sensitive IEMs like the Noble Kaiser Encore with minor adaptations (iFi iEMatch 2.5 is a miracle worker).

Apr 13, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #831 of 1,225
I said I'd be surprised if they put a 4.4 mm jack in their next player without changing the form factor ... but they did ... and I am; I think this is might be the slimmest 4.4 mm-equipped DAP (soon to be) out there at this point in time. It looks as though they might have freed up a bit of board real estate by adopting a more integrated approach to the amp section - nice job Questyle/Foxconn.
I'm currently looking at an upgrade path from the QP2R, but the QPM isn't it for me; maybe L&P, Lotoo or Quloos will be.

Apr 13, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #832 of 1,225
The QP2R and Solaris are my favorite pairing right now. What cable do you use?

ALO super litz 2.5.

May need to try something new if I go 4.4.

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #833 of 1,225
Why are you popping in to so many threads of different products you don’t sell/make and commenting? Genuinely curious.

As people very much into audio we value this forum, its community and we like to interact with folks here. Us being visible in threads other than our own is not marketing but hobby!

Last edited:
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 13, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #834 of 1,225
Is it overkill to have a QP1R, QP2R, or QPM if only listening to 44.1/16 Flac files? I have a QP1R and skipped the QP2R, but may move toward the QPM. Also, I have JH Audio Angie II that I like, but I do not like their size.

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #835 of 1,225
Is it overkill to have a QP1R, QP2R, or QPM if only listening to 44.1/16 Flac files? I have a QP1R and skipped the QP2R, but may move toward the QPM. Also, I have JH Audio Angie II that I like, but I do not like their size.
Good quality CD quality FLAC will sound better in a better setup. I'm personally a big fan of hi-res, but you can benefit from a better DAC and amplifier even if you are running CD rips. Whether it's overkill for you depends on if your experience of the music improves.

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #836 of 1,225
The only reason I moved from QP1R to QP2R was that at the time I was finding managing two 200GB microSD cards too much of a hassle. Otherwise, QP1R is a great DAP, and AFAIK it is now able to handle larger microSD cards, so I see nothing in the QPM description that would tempt me to switch. I listen to a mix of 44.1/16 and higher resolutions PCM files.

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #837 of 1,225
The only reason I moved from QP1R to QP2R was that at the time I was finding managing two 200GB microSD cards too much of a hassle. Otherwise, QP1R is a great DAP, and AFAIK it is now able to handle larger microSD cards, so I see nothing in the QPM description that would tempt me to switch. I listen to a mix of 44.1/16 and higher resolutions PCM files.

The QP2R is tempting now that it is on sale, but with Queststyle’s non continuing support of the QP1R firmware fixes, I am concerned the QP2R will suffer a similar fate. I do agree I would prefer one 400 GB card over two 200 GB cards.

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #838 of 1,225
The QP2R is tempting now that it is on sale, but with Queststyle’s non continuing support of the QP1R firmware fixes, I am concerned the QP2R will suffer a similar fate. I do agree I would prefer one 400 GB card over two 200 GB cards.
My QP2R works fine for everything I use it for, so I don't care for firmware upgrades. After all, none of my nice analog components get firmware upgrades either; tube rolling is a different story :wink: Otherwise, just let them be.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #839 of 1,225

The portable audio hobby is all about overkill.

Apr 13, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #840 of 1,225
Has anyone heard QPM yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back