Questyle QP2R
Dec 8, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #661 of 1,225
It sure is a magnificent device. It’s simple, but sounds so good!
I would say there are four main reasons I choose this device, I like its look; I know it sounds good; It is a solid device, and I love Linux, simple but efficient. Let DAP do DAP thing, which is playing music.

Dec 9, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #666 of 1,225
Thanks..coming from a hiby R3 would it be a big jump in terms of SQ?
Yes, it is a big upgrade sonically. It has a bigger stage and much more power on hand. The sound is more effortless.

Dec 9, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #668 of 1,225
even though Im only using BGVP DMG? I know its not the TOTL but would it be still a big difference to warrant the purchase/upgrade?
I would always recommend someone upgrades their IEM first, then DAP, then cables. The QP2R is a serious upgrade, but I would still do first things first. What are you trying to achieve?

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #670 of 1,225
Yes, it is a big upgrade sonically. It has a bigger stage and much more power on hand. The sound is more effortless.

I should probably place this in the recommendations thread but do you think the QP2R is currently still one of the 'best' DAP's out there for 'One DAP to rule them all' purpose if you like. I'd be using it with either Campfire Audio Cascades or Andromeda's. But my concerns are mostly that I can't stream on it and I'm a bit afraid of the storage as my goal would be to discover music on Spotify and eventually buy the high quality songs to put them on my DAP later on (QP2R seems low on storage for that purpose) :)

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #671 of 1,225
I should probably place this in the recommendations thread but do you think the QP2R is currently still one of the 'best' DAP's out there for 'One DAP to rule them all' purpose if you like. I'd be using it with either Campfire Audio Cascades or Andromeda's. But my concerns are mostly that I can't stream on it and I'm a bit afraid of the storage as my goal would be to discover music on Spotify and eventually buy the high quality songs to put them on my DAP later on (QP2R seems low on storage for that purpose) :)

QP2R is a fantastic sounding DAP, no doubt about that. I use it with the Focal Utopia and there is special synergy with that pairing.

The downside is it’s lack of streaming capabilities.

Regarding storage, I am using a SanDisk Ultra 400GB MicroSD card and it performs flawlessly.

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #672 of 1,225
QP2R is a fantastic sounding DAP, no doubt about that. I use it with the Focal Utopia and there is special synergy with that pairing.

The downside is it’s lack of streaming capabilities.

Regarding storage, I am using a SanDisk Ultra 400GB MicroSD card and it performs flawlessly.

Thanks, I was thinking of getting a Q2PR + SXC ALO 8 balanced cable for my Cascade.
The only thing I hadn't worked out yet was whether I should get the Q2PR or the Ibasso DX200.
The Ibasso DX200 I can already get for about 839 euro and has streaming options whereas the Q2PR costs 1300 euro and no streaming :p

Dec 10, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #674 of 1,225

Users who are viewing this thread

Back