Questyle QP2R
Nov 3, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #631 of 1,225
I've been trying to burn in the QP2R and it stops playing after 8 hours or so. Has anyone experienced this while burning in? I turned off the settings to sleep or shut off but the tracks just stop playing after about 8 hours. I want to put about 200 hours on it before doing some critical listening.

Nov 4, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #633 of 1,225
I've been trying to burn in the QP2R and it stops playing after 8 hours or so. Has anyone experienced this while burning in? I turned off the settings to sleep or shut off but the tracks just stop playing after about 8 hours. I want to put about 200 hours on it before doing some critical listening.
It needs recharging. Depending on what type of files you're playing, the gain setting and the bias mode, battery life is anywhere between 5 and 10 hours. The QP2R doesn't charge and play at the same time, so even if you have the charger connected, it'll only play from the battery. If you intend setting the player aside to burn-in for 200 hours, that'll be an arduous task because a full recharge takes about 5 hours and you'll need to do that a couple of dozen times ...

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #634 of 1,225
It needs recharging. Depending on what type of files you're playing, the gain setting and the bias mode, battery life is anywhere between 5 and 10 hours. The QP2R doesn't charge and play at the same time, so even if you have the charger connected, it'll only play from the battery. If you intend setting the player aside to burn-in for 200 hours, that'll be an arduous task because a full recharge takes about 5 hours and you'll need to do that a couple of dozen times ...
And you'll certainly put a s**tload of wasted charge cycles on your batteries with no apparent enjoyment of the unit. The previous QP1R is supposed to take anywhere from 10-30 hours for initial major burn-in. After that, it's just gravy. Put the thing on and use it and burn in with it.

Nov 7, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #636 of 1,225
Hey guys...I'm having issues with a brand new QP2R...right out of the box, it won't turn on. Plug it in, and I can get it to show the CMA logo and the Questyle logo (with some Chinese characters over it that I think says something along the lines of "battery exhausted"), and then it just shows the flashing 1% battery image before shutting off, even when plugged in. Left it plugged in all night, same issues this morning after trying to charge for several hours. Tried several different cables and plugs. Any thoughts/advice appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #638 of 1,225
Hey guys...I'm having issues with a brand new QP2R...right out of the box, it won't turn on. Plug it in, and I can get it to show the CMA logo and the Questyle logo (with some Chinese characters over it that I think says something along the lines of "battery exhausted"), and then it just shows the flashing 1% battery image before shutting off, even when plugged in. Left it plugged in all night, same issues this morning after trying to charge for several hours. Tried several different cables and plugs. Any thoughts/advice appreciated. Thanks!
Did you try a different power cable and adapter? Sometimes they go bad.

Nov 7, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #639 of 1,225
Did you try a different power cable and adapter? Sometimes they go bad.

Yes. 5 different cables, all of which work with my phone, and 3 different power bricks from different manufacturers, all rated appropriately for the QP2R and all working with other devices. I've also been searching around and I'm sort of shocked I can't find ANYONE else having the same issue.

Nov 7, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #640 of 1,225
Yes. 5 different cables, all of which work with my phone, and 3 different power bricks from different manufacturers, all rated appropriately for the QP2R and all working with other devices. I've also been searching around and I'm sort of shocked I can't find ANYONE else having the same issue.
There's the obvious answer: You might have a defective unit. Perhaps, exchange it for a replacement?

Nov 7, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #641 of 1,225
There's the obvious answer: You might have a defective unit. Perhaps, exchange it for a replacement?

Yup, probably right, but I was holding out hope someone here had a similar experience and a way to fix it.

Nov 7, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #642 of 1,225

In the beginning sometimes I would have a hard time getting my QP2R to charge. The USB type C plug is a "really" snug fit in the QP2R. I had to really push hard on the connector to get it to fully seat on the QP2R. Just an idea that perhaps your not getting a full seating of the USB typc C plug in the QP2R.

Nov 9, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #644 of 1,225
Someone posted that I couldn't... never heard of that before with any dap. Just an fyi, if you are burning in: There is an 80 song limit before the player gives up and stops playing, use a shorter playlist. Also for screen protector, I got a piece of an old water based ipad mini screen protector, put the plastic screen protector on the skin, drew out the shape and cut with x-acto knife. Fit perfectly and now no bubbles and looks amazing. For case I custom ordered one from Valentinum on etzy. He has the best custom dap cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back