Questyle QP2R
Jun 11, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #571 of 1,225
How's the SE out on the QP2R vs the WM1A? I plan on using both single ended and balanced and the SE specs & performance is the determining factor for me

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #573 of 1,225
Been just about 5 months now with the QP2R and while I can see how the wheel could be an issue for some, the music is simply sublime. Paired with my Tralucent 2.2 plus1 and my Headphone conditioner provides a very detailed and balanced sig that leaves naught unseen/unheard. There is delicate weight behind piano notes and great timbre with other stringed instruments like the guitar or stand up bass. Vocals be it female or male come through and are level with the other performers typically (this can be dependent on production/mastering) providing personality and depth. Any new owners out there? Whose got impressions?! I can't be the only one with pleased :D

Jun 21, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #574 of 1,225
Been just about 5 months now with the QP2R and while I can see how the wheel could be an issue for some, the music is simply sublime. Paired with my Tralucent 2.2 plus1 and my Headphone conditioner provides a very detailed and balanced sig that leaves naught unseen/unheard. There is delicate weight behind piano notes and great timbre with other stringed instruments like the guitar or stand up bass. Vocals be it female or male come through and are level with the other performers typically (this can be dependent on production/mastering) providing personality and depth. Any new owners out there? Whose got impressions?! I can't be the only one with pleased :D
It is a truly fine player and I feel super glad it is part of my collection. My full review should happen in the next couple of weeks. I will say that I do not have any sensitive IEM's in my possession so everything I hear has a silent noise floor, hiss free. I love the power from the balanced output. I will give you an advanced review spoiler, my Opus#2 has been replaced as my reference DAP.

Jul 4, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #575 of 1,225
Did you QP2R receive some type of friction cover for the wheel? Mine did not include one. If so does it assist with the wheel movement?

Jul 4, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #576 of 1,225
Did you QP2R receive some type of friction cover for the wheel? Mine did not include one. If so does it assist with the wheel movement?
Mine came with a stick-on wheel cover. I never used it without.

Jul 4, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #577 of 1,225
Mine came with a stick-on wheel cover. I never used it without.
And how is your wheel control? I am preparing my review and don't want to be overly critical if the sticky cover does the job.

Jul 4, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #578 of 1,225
And how is your wheel control? I am preparing my review and don't want to be overly critical if the sticky cover does the job.
It tracks well. Much better than the QP1R I used own.

Jul 4, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #579 of 1,225
Hey guys,
Just got my QP2R, I was wondering if anyone has a USB C charging/sync dock they would recommend? I know questyle makes one, I just hate the logo on it. Again just looking for USB C, none of the audio out functions (planning to use it as a bedroom DAC from a mini PC for headphones).

Thanks guys.

Jul 23, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #582 of 1,225
Hi everybody, here's a new owner of a QP2R. Have it for a week now and enjoy it a lot. I have a iBasso DX200 (AMP1/AMP3/AMP5) but the QP2R is more my taste. I prefer musical to analytical.

My headphone is a Beyerdynamic T5P 2nd and this one sounds great with the QP2R in balanced mode and BIAS to high. Which full-size headphones are also good match?

Aug 3, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #583 of 1,225
I'm also a new owner of the QP2R, and I love it; it's the best sounding player I've ever owned. I'd just sold the SP1000 when I got the QP2R, and call me crazy but I prefer the sound of the QP2R than that of the supposed Porsche of the DAP world.

Aug 3, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #584 of 1,225
Hi everybody, here's a new owner of a QP2R. Have it for a week now and enjoy it a lot. I have a iBasso DX200 (AMP1/AMP3/AMP5) but the QP2R is more my taste. I prefer musical to analytical.

My headphone is a Beyerdynamic T5P 2nd and this one sounds great with the QP2R in balanced mode and BIAS to high. Which full-size headphones are also good match?
I also have the T5P 2nd Gen and love the pairing with the QP2R. Does the BIAS set to high work better for you than the standard? Another great pairing is with the Campfire Audio Cascade via balanced; the QP2R brings out the best in that somewhat tricky headphone (it sounded completely "meh" w/the recently sold AK SP1000).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back