Questyle QP2R
Apr 17, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #527 of 1,225
Hummm.....
Looks like I have everything right... but...
I get a File not found
after I do the update...
The card is fat32
the download from the site seems OK
its listed as an EXE. file
does that file as downloaded from the site need to be uncompressed?

Yeah it should not be a zip. Extract it and place it in the SD card and you should be good to go

Apr 18, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #528 of 1,225
Something to note. I've been writing with a slow wheel and thought that it was just how things were. Today I did the old Nintendo cartridge trick and blew the dust out of my wheel. It is positively sprightly now.

nostalgic-nes-cartridge-art-play-me-those-old-cartridge-blues

Apr 19, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #531 of 1,225
Any reviews out on this?

@Jackpot77 did a review in two parts

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/07/03/questyle-qp2r-initial-impressions-part-1-of-2/

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/07/19/questyle-qp2r-initial-impressions-part-2-of-2/

I've done initial impressions and will do my own full review later.

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/12/31/questyle-qp2r-unboxing-and-initial-impressions/

I also took it to Bristol Sound & Vision and used it in my iFi Nano iDSD BL review and my iFi iEMatch2.5 review.

Apr 25, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #533 of 1,225
What a top notch device. The clarity and delivery are stellar. I am growing accustomed to the wheel. I like the idea of music players focusing on their intended purpose, playing music. I stream from my V30, so when listening to music on file I pick up the player that sounds the best, at this moment that is the QP2R.

Apr 27, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #534 of 1,225
What a top notch device. The clarity and delivery are stellar. I am growing accustomed to the wheel. I like the idea of music players focusing on their intended purpose, playing music. I stream from my V30, so when listening to music on file I pick up the player that sounds the best, at this moment that is the QP2R.

Agreed on all accounts. There is a certain air that comes with resolution and clarity that previous DAPs I've tried simply lacked. I have a feeling and don't take this as being concrete but I think most of it has to do how they implemented their amp in this particular case. One of the reason's I feel I ultimately choose this over the 901s was due to how the amp section is module and not built into the device itself. The 901s did and will provide great performance, but it will never touch the clarity and resolution of this device because of the amp topology and integration only getting so close.

Looking forward to more reviews and impressions from the tour.

Apr 27, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #535 of 1,225
Funny; I read a review of the V30 by JVS at Stereophile, yesterday. How does the sound compair with the QP?

Apr 28, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #536 of 1,225
The wheel...so I haven't really formulated an opinion of the wheel. You QP1R folks say this one is improved?

Agreed on all accounts. There is a certain air that comes with resolution and clarity that previous DAPs I've tried simply lacked. I have a feeling and don't take this as being concrete but I think most of it has to do how they implemented their amp in this particular case. One of the reason's I feel I ultimately choose this over the 901s was due to how the amp section is module and not built into the device itself. The 901s did and will provide great performance, but it will never touch the clarity and resolution of this device because of the amp topology and integration only getting so close.

Looking forward to more reviews and impressions from the tour.

Good to see some HM901S impressions

Frankly I gutted my 901s amp card years ago and only use it for line out. That said... right out the bat I'm saddened to say I heard something new today with this little dap >.>

As for the Wheel... the Q2PR is slightly better than my HM901. Why do these companies all cheap out on the wheel? Like I'd rather have buttons than this gimped wheel... old school Hifiman HM801 ect... was just fine! Those buttons last. I still have an HM601 that's ages old and the buttons just WORK

Either way, it does sound excellent... there goes another new detail ... well at least I can say I'm impressed at what the AK4490 can do. An yes for an all in one this is excellent! Very top notch... I'm tempted to just review it without using the Line Out... given the slight price difference over my\the HM901[S ect...] the two systems cost about the same [not accounting for inflation as I got my HM901 when it was new new]

Either way color me very impressed!

I'd also like to say the same detail is indeed present on my reference system but It had not noticed it before

I started looking into Top of the Line Portables to replicate my at home system on the go, and it looks like Questyle has managed to do exactly that and as much as I hate to say it, it would seem it's just a little blacker than my own system really lending it self to be just a smidge more resolving

Though back to negatives, it does lack some power. With some of my quietest and most dynamic masters it runs out of steam and tops out at around an average of about 83 dBs where as I prefer to listen closer to an average of 87 dBs and my reference system barely does that as I can get up to an average of 88 [technically I can run HighGain out of my DAC and go much higher but... it sounds horrid with HighGain on the Line out...]

Finally, yes it's blacker, but the timbre is slightly drier and less natural overall... so I've got a nice copper balanced cable heading my way that I'll likely swap to. As I like my Full Silver with my Tubes

Oh and @Audeze's MX4 sounds glorious running fully balanced out of this little guy!!!

20180427_235921.jpg

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #537 of 1,225
First impressions of QP2R vs QP1R, InEar ProPhile 8 IEMs. QP2R's bass more substantial. Highs (cymbals, especially) are fast, a bit punchier. Overall more dynamic, but maybe a bit thicker (almost tube-like). I liked the QP1R's lighter touch, but maybe because I've been getting into tubes for my fixed headphone setup, I'm getting more engagement from the QP2R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back