Yes I did try only balancedo.

Aug 23, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #213 of 1,225
box-front.jpg
box-back.jpg
box-inside.jpg
The wait is over !

Aug 23, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #214 of 1,225
Lucky you.

I'll have to wait until mid october to have a listen at an audio show in Paris, if Questyle is represented there.

Enjoy.

Aug 25, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #215 of 1,225
As i have been following this and order threads about the QP2R and QP1R I thought to share my findings. I was able to demo both yesterday for a couple of hours. I also compared them to my Chord Mojo. They where listened to with and without cma800r amp.

QP1R-> More low end, dynamics and intimate but smaller sound stage. Louder than QP2R.
QP2R-> More mid based. More referenced. Reverbs are bigger and longer.
Mojo-> Can go louder, but lacks definition.

To me the QP1R seems to be more fun to listen to and the QP2R more referenced. With the HD800 the QP1R is really fun to listen to. Not harsh at all! Though is does lack the big soundstage that the QP2R brings.

With the V-Moda M100 the QP2R sounds a good suit. As the M100 already has that fun factor. The QP2R makes it a tight, clear and great headphone to listen to.

I ended up ordering the QP2R! :)

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #216 of 1,225
As i have been following this and order threads about the QP2R and QP1R I thought to share my findings. I was able to demo both yesterday for a couple of hours. I also compared them to my Chord Mojo. They where listened to with and without cma800r amp.

QP1R-> More low end, dynamics and intimate but smaller sound stage. Louder than QP2R.
QP2R-> More mid based. More referenced. Reverbs are bigger and longer.
Mojo-> Can go louder, but lacks definition.

To me the QP1R seems to be more fun to listen to and the QP2R more referenced. With the HD800 the QP1R is really fun to listen to. Not harsh at all! Though is does lack the big soundstage that the QP2R brings.

With the V-Moda M100 the QP2R sounds a good suit. As the M100 already has that fun factor. The QP2R makes it a tight, clear and great headphone to listen to.

I ended up ordering the QP2R! :)

I think for many people, neutral-reference sound of the source (such as your description of QP2R, I don't have either one so just quoting you) will be the way to go because it makes for a better pair up with different headphones/earphones where you hear the actual sound sig of headphones without additioinal coloring by a source.

Aug 27, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #217 of 1,225
I think for many people, neutral-reference sound of the source (such as your description of QP2R, I don't have either one so just quoting you) will be the way to go because it makes for a better pair up with different headphones/earphones where you hear the actual sound sig of headphones without additioinal coloring by a source.
I to agree with this as well... the times that I change that opinion is when the amp has a different flavor that I like in general (Cavalli amps). curious to get our demo QP2R to finally hear it for my self.

Sep 2, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #218 of 1,225
I have been playing with QP2R's EQ using my iSine20. Initially, I was getting quite a good responsive EQ every time I made a change. However, all of a sudden changes to the EQ stopped responding. As if the EQ is totally gone or not working. Turning EQ off changing between EQ1 and EQ2 or drastically making a change in one or multiple bands doesn't affect the sound anymore.

I reset my device twice but it appears EQ no longer works. Worst is I think the sound is stuck to the last EQ preset that work and the sound is now totally whack using another headphone.

Has anyone encountered this before? Either on QP2R or QP1R?

Sep 3, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #219 of 1,225
I have been playing with QP2R's EQ using my iSine20. Initially, I was getting quite a good responsive EQ every time I made a change. However, all of a sudden changes to the EQ stopped responding. As if the EQ is totally gone or not working. Turning EQ off changing between EQ1 and EQ2 or drastically making a change in one or multiple bands doesn't affect the sound anymore.

I reset my device twice but it appears EQ no longer works. Worst is I think the sound is stuck to the last EQ preset that work and the sound is now totally whack using another headphone.

Has anyone encountered this before? Either on QP2R or QP1R?

I read a post earlier in this thread from @Sound Eq about some problems with eq on certain file types wit the Qp1r. Have you tried different file types?

Even if this is the case it sounds to me like it's a faulty unit.

Sep 3, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #223 of 1,225
At least, I know there is nothing wrong with my device. It appears to be a behavior that exist in QP1R also. Not a biggie to me as I have a separate SD card with only 16/44.1 Flac files. I have been playing with EQ with my DAPs to find out which one works best with my iSine20. So far it's a toss between LPG and QP2R. And I think with QP2R the iSine20 sounds fine without EQ compared to other DAPs I used including Hugo.

Sep 12, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #225 of 1,225
V1.01 FW is now available. Notable changes is the support for gapless playback. Does anyone knows what the "Flip" function does?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back