Questyle QP2R
Jun 15, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #121 of 1,225
Hey guys, really excited the cat is out of the bag for the QP2R. Been playing with a prototype unit for the last 2 weeks and I really love it. Been playing with a pair of Utopia on it and it just sounds quite wonderful in high gain and high bias. And for IEMs been using the UERR and the UE18+ balanced and in low gain but high bias and they just really are a fun listen.

The physical size of the QP2R is the same as the QP1R, so much so I just slipped the QP2R into the case I used for my QP1R. The screen is bigger on the QP2R over the QP1R. The QP2R is also able to play DSD .iso files!

It is down to a single SD slot but this was a direct result of implementing the fully balanced amp inside the DAP. There is so much in the QP2R for an amp and a bump in the battery that there wasn't enough room left for a second SD card slot.

The UI on the QP2R is an original UI that we have collaborated with a major consumer electronics company to develop. As a result the battery indicator is much more accurate on the QP2R and we are constantly tweaking the firmware.

The QP1R will still receive firmware updates and the new firmware update we are working towards relieving the battery indicator issues.

Munich this weekend will be the European debut and the LA Audio Show next month we will be the North American launch.

If you are in the LA area, June 2nd to June 4th, drop by and see us at the LA Audio Show! We are in room 112 and in Headgear Xtreme~

Release date or availability for purchase? U.S. dealers?

Jun 15, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #122 of 1,225
Release date or availability for purchase? U.S. dealers?
I do not know when official release is, but I DO know that we will be selling the QP2R when it gets released. We are an authorized dealer of Questyle in the US, and an official sponsor of Headfi!
(If you check our youtube video you will see a video of me talking about the Questyle CMA
600i). We are looking forward to the release like everyone else :). I'll update on here if I hear anything new as well.

Jun 15, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #123 of 1,225
I do not know when official release is, but I DO know that we will be selling the QP2R when it gets released. We are an authorized dealer of Questyle in the US, and an official sponsor of Headfi!
(If you check our youtube video you will see a video of me talking about the Questyle CMA
600i). We are looking forward to the release like everyone else :). I'll update on here if I hear anything new as well.

Awesome. Thanks!

Jun 15, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #124 of 1,225
Yep! I regret not getting on this thread sooner... I knew about it but out of sight out of mind until as of late... Mark (owner) and I were talking about it, and he was excited for it. The light bulb then went off ha.

Jun 15, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #125 of 1,225
Jun 18, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #126 of 1,225
Jun 20, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #127 of 1,225
I'm hoping somebody can help me out with a little technical info on the QP2R. I've seen images of a dock/charging cradle for the QP2R labelled with SPDIF output to speakers. I'm puzzled by this. The QP1R's TOSLINK was from the 3.5mm LO at the top of the device. The QP2R only has one 3.5 mm jack at the top (the other now being the 2.5 mm balanced output). I presume the one remaining 3.5 mm socket on the QP2R now takes the role of HO, LO and TOSLINK out? (Be careful when switching back to earphones if you've been using LO on max-output!)

My question is about the bottom (USB-C) connector. Why would this have been labeled SPDIF-out? Can the QP2R do digital-out via its USB-C port??

Jun 21, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #129 of 1,225
We got our pre order page up for the QP2R!

QP2R PRE ORDER MTME

Feel free to check it out if your interested. We have heard excellent things about it from Bruce Bal
Hopefully it will be at the Pittsburgh meet to audition. I would like to hear the difference between that and the QP1R.

Jun 21, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #130 of 1,225
All depends on how many we get in from the launch. For instance we have one last Hugo 2 from the pre order, so that will be probably be sold soon before we keep it for a demo. Not sure how many QP2R's we are getting , but we will see! Would love to compare them as well

Jun 21, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #131 of 1,225
Yes it would be nice to side by side them.

Jul 3, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #133 of 1,225
Jul 12, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #135 of 1,225
Hey guys, really excited the cat is out of the bag for the QP2R. Been playing with a prototype unit for the last 2 weeks and I really love it. Been playing with a pair of Utopia on it and it just sounds quite wonderful in high gain and high bias. And for IEMs been using the UERR and the UE18+ balanced and in low gain but high bias and they just really are a fun listen.

The physical size of the QP2R is the same as the QP1R, so much so I just slipped the QP2R into the case I used for my QP1R. The screen is bigger on the QP2R over the QP1R. The QP2R is also able to play DSD .iso files!

It is down to a single SD slot but this was a direct result of implementing the fully balanced amp inside the DAP. There is so much in the QP2R for an amp and a bump in the battery that there wasn't enough room left for a second SD card slot.

The UI on the QP2R is an original UI that we have collaborated with a major consumer electronics company to develop. As a result the battery indicator is much more accurate on the QP2R and we are constantly tweaking the firmware.

The QP1R will still receive firmware updates and the new firmware update we are working towards relieving the battery indicator issues.

Munich this weekend will be the European debut and the LA Audio Show next month we will be the North American launch.

If you are in the LA area, June 2nd to June 4th, drop by and see us at the LA Audio Show! We are in room 112 and in Headgear Xtreme~

It all sounds exciting but not much has been disclosed on the UI improvements. I understand the wheel works like it should and that's great but I still feel like the owners of the QP1R haven't been given the deserved customer satisfaction. You mention that the QP1R will still receive the firmware updates, but the last update was in Dec 5th, 2016 (v1.08). Since then we have made a lot of suggestions and there's been no firmware update on the website. I don't want to get into all the issues but out of principle most people may not want to spend more unless the sound improvement is significantly noticecable, this may be a bad gamble by Questyle. ( i am hoping they did their amp magic again) If it is, then great, at some point I'll sell my QP1R to some sucker on ebay and do some more overtime and grab one. Still exciting news, I hope to try it at the London CanJam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back