Questyle QP2R
May 21, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #61 of 1,225
Is the implication here that they test a comprehensive subset of MicroSD cards 200GB and below?

I'll admit, I don't understand what the failure mode with high capacity cards is. I'd assume that the physical board requirements are the same for each card (certainly SD slots on computers can read all different capacities), and it's unclear to me what would break on the software side. Maybe too many files causing scale issues?

I do not think it is because of too many files since the player has at least a 10,000 song limit.

May 21, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #63 of 1,225
Will only upgrade if its SQ is better than QP1R. IMO 1R still smokes most of what's available today.

May 22, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #64 of 1,225
Never had an A & K, but when I've seen them mentioned in reviews as comparisons against the reviewed DAP, usually it's the 120ii, it's stated they are smooth. Is this a break from the house sound?

When I had a QP1R I didn't think it was at all warm so the Kann must be cold.

Why do i have a suspicion you've been reading too many of my reviews? 120ii is the only A&K i got for comparison and pair up... so don't be surprised if it going to show up again in qp2r review :wink:

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #65 of 1,225
Why do i have a suspicion you've been reading too many of my reviews? 120ii is the only A&K i got for comparison and pair up... so don't be surprised if it going to show up again in qp2r review :wink:

The AK120II for me is the best AK player I had especially when you get it used. It has UI which other DAPs not named iPod can't match and none of the issues the other AK I tried have with my iems.

May 26, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #70 of 1,225
May 26, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #73 of 1,225
Hopefully I can listen to the QP2R @ CanJam London on July 15th.
After attending 7 portable audio exhibitions in the last 18 months i have yet to encounter the first DAP (including AK380 , sony WM1Z and cowon P2) which sounds better than the QP1R .
So to justify the price difference the QP2R should sound significantly better with better UI to boot for me to make the jump.

May 26, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #74 of 1,225
Hopefully I can listen to the QP2R @ CanJam London on July 15th.
After attending 7 portable audio exhibitions in the last 18 months i have yet to encounter the first DAP (including AK380 , sony WM1Z and cowon P2) which sounds better than the QP1R .
So to justify the price difference the QP2R should sound significantly better with better UI to boot for me to make the jump.
What music you listening to ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back