Questyle QP2R
Dec 11, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #676 of 1,225
Hello, no I have now hiss and do not have to use iematch.

IMHO the DM6 customs are simply amazing, I love this IEM's, a great winner for the price, they are competitive with higher priced IEM's.

Dec 11, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #678 of 1,225
I've been wanting to chime in on the matter of the QP2R and, per one Head-Fier's post, pairing it with the Campfire Audio Cascades. I own both. First on the DAP... the QP2R is a wonderful sounding DAP but admittedly its functionality is poor. One has to consider that, even though it has balanced output unlike its predecessor, it's at the sacrifice of a line out function, not a minor point I think. Also consider that it lacks wi-fi, not a minor point when it comes to firmware upgrades. But I think what peeves me the most is that its scroll is still lousy; Questyle claimed that they fixed it but it's still just there for show as far as I'm concerned.

Now about the Cascades, ah, the magical Cascades. Forget the urban myths you've heard about their bassiness and such–I think they're amazing. As they relate to the QP2R, they're an okay match not a great one. The Cascades scale up beautifully and sound stellar, for example, with an AK70/iFi Nano iDSD Black label rig, which together costs less than the QP2R and gives you wifi and bluetooth as well.

Dec 19, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #679 of 1,225
I would say there are four main reasons I choose this device, I like its look; I know it sounds good; It is a solid device, and I love Linux, simple but efficient. Let DAP do DAP thing, which is playing music.

I agree with all your reasons except Linux. It's pretty useless what operating system it's running if you(the user) don't have privileged or root access to it. How do we even know it's running Linux? The benefit of open source is that you have access to modify the code to suit you but that when you redistribute the code as a manufacturer, you SUPPLY the source code (the one you modified). If these guys supplied the source code a lot of the annoying features/bugs could have been fixed and enhanced by the community and this player would have been the very best in my opinion. Not to say that this isn't a great player but they missed an opportunity to create something special. Empowering your users creates a much better brand loyalty.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #680 of 1,225
I agree with all your reasons except Linux. It's pretty useless what operating system it's running if you(the user) don't have privileged or root access to it. How do we even know it's running Linux? The benefit of open source is that you have access to modify the code to suit you but that when you redistribute the code as a manufacturer, you SUPPLY the source code (the one you modified). If these guys supplied the source code a lot of the annoying features/bugs could have been fixed and enhanced by the community and this player would have been the very best in my opinion. Not to say that this isn't a great player but they missed an opportunity to create something special. Empowering your users creates a much better brand loyalty.
I have to agree. At least with the FiiO players, you could modify or simplify at your choice.

Dec 24, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #681 of 1,225
Capture.PNG AMP3 deal, obviously a miss-price so personally I wouldn't bother. :wink:

Dec 25, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #682 of 1,225
This may be a stupid question, but why doesn't Questyle make a case? Also, why do the Spyker and Miter cases not come in black and tan? I have a gold QP2R and am using my QP1R case and it works perfectly, including using the buttons, by the OCD in me would like an official QP2R case in the correct colour, preferably from Questyle themselves.

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #683 of 1,225
Does anyone have experience with the IMR R1 IEM on the QP2R?

EDIT: Please ignore, as I've read a review where the reviewer doubted the longevity of the thread you use to screw the filters into.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #684 of 1,225
Dec 26, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #685 of 1,225
Thanks for answering. Just what they sound like. I realise its a moving target with 5 filters.

EDIT: Please ignore, as I've read a review where the reviewer doubted the longevity of the thread you use to screw the filters into.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back