Questyle QP2R
May 7, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #541 of 1,225
The LPG is the only other DAP I am interested in trying. My reference DAP is the Opus#2 and I have had the QP2R for a couple of weeks or so, and it is truly a phenomenal player.

May 7, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #542 of 1,225
Cannot give a comparison but I can say I passed up a LPG for this. Couple of reasons I did was because it was not a 2017 version and was going to be due for a new screen sooner than later, and the battery would need to be considered as well since you wouldn't want to waste the time and money for shipping later. I culdn't justify the price difference for a new 2017, and ultimately didn't care for the PMEQ , though I do see the advantages of it for sure. Having auditioned one over a year ago (so take this with a grain of salt) I feel that it would be more aggressive and a little more intimate, though no less detailed. We'll have to wait though for head to head comparisons for some better impressions.

May 8, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #544 of 1,225
Hmm. Here in South Korea they are both up for sale used for around 600. Idk why the qp2r is up for so cheap. If anyones heard both please let me know :)

Qp1r and qp2r?

May 8, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #549 of 1,225
The LPG is the only other DAP I am interested in trying. My reference DAP is the Opus#2 and I have had the QP2R for a couple of weeks or so, and it is truly a phenomenal player.
Had an LPG and prefer the QP1r. Stock LPG had great dynamics and detail like the Questyle but the QP1r is more natural with better perspective while being less analytical (more textures etc). QP2r is on the way.

Last edited:
May 20, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #550 of 1,225
Since this has been out on the market for a bit what’s the general consensus on the SE vs Bal outputs? I have have an IEM with a connection that right now has no balanced cables for it on the market and I’m wondering if I would be missing out on much if I wasn’t using them balanced. For reference my current player is the AK KANN which I quite like even using the SE port.

May 20, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #551 of 1,225
Since this has been out on the market for a bit what’s the general consensus on the SE vs Bal outputs? I have have an IEM with a connection that right now has no balanced cables for it on the market and I’m wondering if I would be missing out on much if I wasn’t using them balanced. For reference my current player is the AK KANN which I quite like even using the SE port.
Waiting for a balanced cable for my InEar Prophile 8s, I'll be able to answer when I get it -- eventually.

May 21, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #552 of 1,225
QP2r 1.0.4 firmware is out, but is anyone else having trouble with the download? Download starts but slows to a crawl and never completes. Just checking to see if the issue is on the server side.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #554 of 1,225
Omw, will report back

Updates as follows:
QP2R V1.0.4 Firmware Update:
1. Having added “Album display”in Settings, which can be selected between“Cover”and“List”.
2. Having fixed the UI display bug that occurs in Russian screen.
3. In Playing screen, the timing display will be the playing time of the track instead of the remaining playing time of it.
4. QP2R will not automatically shutdown when it is fully charged while connecting with HUB. It will be woken up by the remote control.
5. The wheel will be inactive when QP2R screen is off while playing files.
6. Having fixed the“some songs may be left out”bug that occurs when flipping the playlist.
7. Having fixed the noise bug that occurs while playing files in the USB DAC mode, and updated the USB DAC drive as well (optimized Win10 operating environment).
8. Having fixed the "files may stop playing" bug that occurs when single cycling an audio file with CUE format.
9. Having added a feature of supporting Super Source System.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back