1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Questyle QP2R

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by unknownguardian, May 17, 2017.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. auricgoldfinger
    Does the OS have upsampling capabilities?

2. unknownguardian
    Price is out. US$1299.

3. Yellow Star
    Only one SD slot (???) Sorry Questyle, with all respect, you blew it!

SalvorHardin likes this.
  4. jmills8
    This suppose to sound better?

5. Darren Cotter
    It would have to! Otherwise, you are paying more for less storage and that doesn't make any sense.

6. AxelCloris Administrator
    It will certainly sound different. It uses a different DAC chip (AK4490 vs CS4398) with a different amp topology, so I don't doubt it'll sound different than the QP1R. I wouldn't be surprised to find out it sounds better, but that's subjective and we won't know the answer until reviews start rolling in. Given Questyle's history, my gut is saying that this is likely to have a solid price to performance ratio.

glassmonkey likes this.
  7. jmills8
    Same dac thats in the Cowon P2 ? Also in the AK Kann?

8. glassmonkey
    The X5iii isn't a terribly impressive sounding player, though. It's good with lots of bells and whistles, but the X5iii is about the bells and whistles more than the sound, in my opinion. I'm still writing up the review for the X5iii, but my thoughts will be out in full soon. Questyle will likely smoke it.

headwhacker likes this.
  9. AxelCloris Administrator
    The P2 uses the AK4497EQ. The KANN does use the AK4490, but don't anticipate that the QP2R will sound similar. They use very different approaches to amplification and that's going to influence the sound considerably.

10. tonehk
    Hi, will you be able to upgrade the firmware for QP1R so it can play DSD ISO files?

SalvorHardin likes this.
  11. jmills8
    Thanks, will demo it when it gets here.

12. Deano1974
    Absolutely! Well said

13. Darren Cotter
    Do you think the QP2R's release will mean a reduction of the new price of the QP1R, as I nearly bought one yesterday.

14. PhilW
    yup it does smoke it and much prefer this implementation of 4490 than ak380. The best part having used the QP1R is the new wheel thats been custom made..... luxurious.

15. Darren Cotter
    Hi Phil

Do you have any QP1R's in stock, as I know you don't state on your site when an item isn't in stock. Also, if you do, do they have the newer improved wheel?

Regards

Darren

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last