1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Questyle QP2R

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by unknownguardian, May 17, 2017.
First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next

Last
  1. csglinux
    No pressure! Hope the rehab is going well and that we get a chance to hang out again soon.
    Happy Holidays to you too buddy :)

moedawg140 likes this.
  2. ChisChas
    Wow, I had no idea the States didn't have QP2R's to sell, you always imagine the States would right there at the top of the line. The wait will be worth it.

Bart147 likes this.
  3. headwhacker
    The good thing that comes from getting it late is that you will be getting it with the latest FW. Which resolves all serious issues I encountered earlier.

rcoleman1 likes this.
  4. ChisChas
    Buying anything when it's just come out often involves hassle and frustration. Just look at the PC game forums/reviews for the new COD WW2 and Wolfenstein video games, wall to wall complaints about bugs and large downloads from Steam/Origin etc. Best to wait a little while until revised firmware or game patches are released. And the latest QP2R firmware enabled me to use my 256GB SanDisk Ultra card, wouldn't work (for me anyway) with the old firmware.

5. ChisChas
    New QP2R Case. There is a new leather case now available from your friendly local Questyle UK dealer at £49 ( a lower price than the previous case I bought). I got my local cobbler (shoemaker) to cut an opening in the left side of my case because I was activating the controls by mistake when I removed my QP2R from either of my front or back jeans pockets. The dimensions of the opening I had cut are 32mm x 6mm and it starts 5mm from the top of the case but please do make your own decision on dimensions, don't just go with mine.

6. headwhacker
    I would not go that far for comparison. A gaming software is so much more complicated than a DAP and deals with far too many more complex hardware. In case of QP2R even less as it only need to do basic music playback functions that has been perfected long time ago.

7. esauseesaw
    I've tested and checked with Questyle. It isn't currently possible to get a USB digital output. I'm interested to know what people would be using the USB digital out for? If you want to use the QP2R simply as a source, doing no conversion or amplification, to a Hugo for example, then there is also the option of optical out.

8. Shmuel
    appreciate the info.

Yes, I would want the option of connecting to my Hugo when listening to my headphones at home and the questyle when out and about.

9. esauseesaw
    Optical would work for that. :o2smile:

10. csglinux
    It would, but you'd be limited with the sample rate with both PCM and DSD.

11. Shmuel
    What would the differences be?

12. csglinux
    Most current toslink devices (transmitters and receivers) are limited to a maximum of 96/24 PCM and DSD64.

13. esauseesaw
    That's true, there would be a limit on optical. I'm not an expert on these things so someone who knows better please correct me if this is wrong but I think USB plug'n'play is also limited. You need USB 2 for higher sample rates and that tends to require a driver outside of Mac OS. So, even with USB digital out, it might still be problematic to get higher than 96/24 as well?

14. csglinux
    I can do 352/24 PCM (and DSD256) via either USB or coax into my Hugo 2. I'm not sure why current Toslink devices have this limit. You'd think optical should have a huge bandwidth. I'm sure they will one day....

I hope the QP2R gets the USB digital-out feature with a firmware update. It would be a bit lame if they pulled an Apple on us (i.e., it's only ever going to work via our own proprietary USB-C device!).

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  15. Shmuel
    Given this issue, I am going to try the Hiby r6, out in March.

Too bad, as questyle has a great rep.

First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next

Last