Questyle QP1
Sep 15, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #3,902 of 4,272
Hi Brian. The battery can be replaced by our service center in Los Angeles, California.

Hello, bSquared64 -

I'm certainly glad it's replaceable. 

I have an unrelated question: Has Questyle considered a tour for the QP1R? As a music lover with a major physical disability, I'd love to be able to determine whether I could use the QP1R effectively.

Best regards,
Brian

Sep 16, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #3,903 of 4,272

Hi Brian. The battery can be replaced by our service center in Los Angeles, California.

Hello, bSquared64 -

I'm certainly glad it's replaceable. 

I have an unrelated question: Has Questyle considered a tour for the QP1R? As a music lover with a major physical disability, I'd love to be able to determine whether I could use the QP1R effectively.

Best regards,
Brian

May I ask what is the nature of your disability, if you don't mind?  I'm a blind guy and have no real trouble using the unit.  Thank god they built in vibrational response.

Sep 17, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #3,904 of 4,272
May I ask what is the nature of your disability, if you don't mind?  I'm a blind guy and have no real trouble using the unit.  Thank god they built in vibrational response.

Hello, UELong -

Thanks for asking.

I have spastic cerebral palsy, and as such my dexterity and coordination are rather severely impaired. I imagine I could operate the QP1R via its button controls, and I might even be able to, er, "stick" with the wheel. (It gives new meaning to "sticker shock," eh?) 

Another factor is that I'm on a fixed income. I'll gladly pay for quality, but I must be especially cautious about using my resources. Thus, it would be crucial for me to evaluate the QP1R before I could responsibly consider buying it.

I'm sure you can relate. 
smile.gif

Kind regards,
Brian

Sep 17, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #3,905 of 4,272

Hello, UELong -

Thanks for asking.

I have spastic cerebral palsy, and as such my dexterity and coordination are rather severely impaired. I imagine I could operate the QP1R via its button controls, and I might even be able to, er, "stick" with the wheel. (It gives new meaning to "sticker shock," eh?) 

Another factor is that I'm on a fixed income. I'll gladly pay for quality, but I must be especially cautious about using my resources. Thus, it would be crucial for me to evaluate the QP1R before I could responsibly consider buying it.

I'm sure you can relate. 
smile.gif

Kind regards,
Brian

For sure Brian.  No question about SQ being topnotch.  I'm wondering, in your case, about the capacitive buttons.  If I'm not careful to get my finger firmly placed in the right area, the buttons may be accidently activated twice, confusing my whereabouts in the menus.  Since you don't have a visual problem, that shouldn't be a problem, except for wheather your finger co-ordination is affected.
I guess that is something you'd have to judge for yourself.
But, I have no regrets in purchasing the rig.  If I can help any further, please feel free to PM me.

Sep 18, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #3,906 of 4,272
  For sure Brian.  No question about SQ being topnotch.  I'm wondering, in your case, about the capacitive buttons.  If I'm not careful to get my finger firmly placed in the right area, the buttons may be accidently activated twice, confusing my whereabouts in the menus.  Since you don't have a visual problem, that shouldn't be a problem, except for wheather your finger co-ordination is affected.
I guess that is something you'd have to judge for yourself.
But, I have no regrets in purchasing the rig.  If I can help any further, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your thoughtful comments, UELong, and I appreciate your offer to help!

Yes, it's possible I'd have trouble with the buttons; I imagine it would depend on their sensitivity. I'd certainly be delighted to get my hands on them!

Kind regards,
Brian

Sep 19, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #3,907 of 4,272
Info: 256GB cards work fine. Formatting them with the QP1R results in 238.2GB of actual free space.
Card 1 in slot one took much more time to format as compared to card 2 in slot two, 2nd took seconds to format.

I have one filled to 219GB and the other to 203GB

15,346 songs

Have a great week

Sep 22, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #3,908 of 4,272
Hi!  Looking for a new DAP.  It is between the Calyx M, Onkyo DP-X1 and QP1R.  Does the QP1R support ApeV2 tagging structure set up for a Fiio X5 original? Does the QP1R support M3U8 playlists set up for a Fiio X5 original?

Sep 23, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #3,909 of 4,272
  Hi!  Looking for a new DAP.  It is between the Calyx M, Onkyo DP-X1 and QP1R.  Does the QP1R support ApeV2 tagging structure set up for a Fiio X5 original? Does the QP1R support M3U8 playlists set up for a Fiio X5 original?

The QP1R does support M3U8 playlists, but you will probably have to edit them for the correct drive names (assuming that you are using the same SD cards). I don't mess with tagging so I can't answer that question.

Sep 25, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #3,911 of 4,272
Could somebody with a QP1R make an M3U8 playlist with a song in their library and test to see if it works with the QP1R?  I am on the fence between DAPs and this is a big deciding factor as well as properly reading my music tags in ApeV2 tagging structure, but in mp3 sound format.

Sep 26, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #3,912 of 4,272
Quote:
  Could somebody with a QP1R make an M3U8 playlist with a song in their library and test to see if it works with the QP1R?  I am on the fence between DAPs and this is a big deciding factor as well as properly reading my music tags in ApeV2 tagging structure, but in mp3 sound format.

As I said before, I have done this, but the M3U8 file needs to reflect where the files are located on the player, if the drive letters are wrong or the folder structure is different it won't be able to find the file, so it is necessary to open the M3U8 file in note pad and edit it to match the actual locations of the files. This can usually be done with find/replace all. (the M3U8 file on the player can be opened and edited via the USB connection)

Quote:
  Hi!  Would somebody be willing let me email them an mp3 file to take a couple photos of the file information so I can see if the QP1R supports my tagging structure?

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here. The player only separates by Artist, Album or Genre as long as there is meta data supporting those categories.

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #3,914 of 4,272
Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here. The player only separates by Artist, Album or Genre as long as there is meta data supporting those categories.

QP1R not playing by an Artist's albums using meta data is a very strange omission, especially after the last firmware upgrade. It makes me wonder how the designers and testers of this DAP actually listen to music! Am I old fashioned wanting to listen to an album fron start to finish? 99% of my usage is in this way, which is possible using folder play.

But why have Categories and not be able to go to an Artist and then an Album. It really is disjointed listening to all the track 1s of your favourite artist! I thought the firmware was actually close to the Fiio's and those certainly manage an album.

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #3,915 of 4,272
QP1R not playing by an Artist's albums using meta data is a very strange omission, especially after the last firmware upgrade. It makes me wonder how the designers and testers of this DAP actually listen to music! Am I old fashioned wanting to listen to an album fron start to finish? 99% of my usage is in this way, which is possible using folder play.

But why have Categories and not be able to go to an Artist and then an Album. It really is disjointed listening to all the track 1s of your favourite artist! I thought the firmware was actually close to the Fiio's and those certainly manage an album.

A very simple way to accomplish what you want is to organize your files by artist then album (the player supports multiple folder depth) and use the "browse files" rather than the "play by category".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back