Questyle QP1
Aug 31, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #3,871 of 4,272
  i have ZX2 , thinking of trying out either P1 or QP1R 

which is the 'better' one in terms of sound quality/performance ?

thank you

QP1R by far...
Actually best DAP I've heard so far. Not best in every aspect, but overall.
Opus #1 has wider soundstage but far less engaging, sounds kind of dry, Pioneer XDP100 has bigger soundstage and it's definitely one of the best sounding DAPs but QP1R has better tonality, and is more organic, P1 is nothing special in any regard, TEAC HA-P90 sounds more like full-size gear but like Pionner is on the neutral side, less organic and so on and so on.... Many, many DAPs but QP1R made the best impression so far.

I've had or have heard flagships from A&K, Hifiman, FiiO, TEAC, Questyle, iBasso, Cowon and probably more and Questyle is the one I'm recommending. Of course synergy is vital and your headphones might be better with different gear. Harmony 8.2 are great with QP1R but Audeo PFE232 goes better with XDP100.

Aug 31, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #3,872 of 4,272
  QP1R by far...
Actually best DAP I've heard so far. Not best in every aspect, but overall.
Opus #1 has wider soundstage but far less engaging, sounds kind of dry, Pioneer XDP100 has bigger soundstage and it's definitely one of the best sounding DAPs but QP1R has better tonality, and is more organic, P1 is nothing special in any regard, TEAC HA-P90 sounds more like full-size gear but like Pionner is on the neutral side, less organic and so on and so on.... Many, many DAPs but QP1R made the best impression so far.

I've had or have heard flagships from A&K, Hifiman, FiiO, TEAC, Questyle, iBasso, Cowon and probably more and Questyle is the one I'm recommending. Of course synergy is vital and your headphones might be better with different gear. Harmony 8.2 are great with QP1R but Audeo PFE232 goes better with XDP100.

would QP1R pair well with a bright/neutral ciem like NT6 ?

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #3,874 of 4,272
Do not use the QP1R firmware on a QP1 for risk of bricking the player. Historically the QP1R firmware comes out before the QP1's so you probably just have a little longer to wait.
thanks. I thought that was the case. I just don't see any QP1 software on the site. I am still using the original version, with no complaints. But it made me wonder where the updates were housed. I can wait. It's a wonderful player as is.

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #3,879 of 4,272
thanks. I thought that was the case. I just don't see any QP1 software on the site. I am still using the original version, with no complaints. But it made me wonder where the updates were housed. I can wait. It's a wonderful player as is.

We are still working on the update for the QP1, please allow us some more time.

When it is ready, it will be put up on our website along with the QP1R update. Should not be too long, hang in there!

Sep 1, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #3,880 of 4,272
We are still working on the update for the QP1, please allow us some more time.

When it is ready, it will be put up on our website along with the QP1R update. Should not be too long, hang in there!

Thanks Bruce. No problem. I just didn't see any QP1 software on the site so I wondered if I was looking in the proper place. I will continue to enjoy the player and keep an eye out for the update.

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #3,883 of 4,272
  So where can I find the QP1??

Everywhere I look all I see is the QP1R. Are they the same?

QP1 was on sales on Massdrop a few months ago and seems like the demand was really low at the time that managed only a few units.  Q1PR is an upgraded version so they are not the same. If you run firmware of QP1 on QP1R, you could brick it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back