Questyle QP1
Jul 17, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #3,781 of 4,272
  Bruce already emailed me back saying he'd be glad to send me a couple of the discs
biggrin.gif

Hey so quick question.  Has anyone else been getting a weird glitch where sometimes the player starts to act like the left-arrow or right-arrow button is constantly being pressed?  Like whenever you select a song it jumps to the previous or the next one instead and plays that, and buttons don't respond properly in certain situations (like trying to go back from a song to its containing folder).  I find the only solution to the glitch is to power the player off and on again.

Also, something I'm a tad concerned about.  Does the QP1R ever, for anyone, experience complete lock-up glitches where it becomes non-responsive?  I noticed it does not have a "reset" button like some DAP's, so if that happens wouldn't one have to wait until the battery runs down before doing anything?  Or can everything always be solved by just powering it off, and it will always be able to power off?  My Fiio X3ii, you see, in some of the earlier firmware versions, would lock up and the power-button would not respond, so I had to hit its reset.

I have only had the player lock up if I play a corrupted file. What type of files are you mostly using? As to the button issue, they are capacitive, so it might be something you're doing that you don't notice. Does it happen when when the screen is off? If so, you might again be looking at a corrupted file issue. You might try installing the current firmware if you have not done so already. http://questyleaudio.com/uploads/file/20160621/6360212189787471455812490.zip
Note: you need to put the q1.fw file onto a blank micro sd card. You cannot change the name of the file or have anything else on the card. It cannot be in a folder, it must be in the root directory. I recommend taking all cards out of the player, putting the fw card in slot 1, then going into System Settings select Upgrade then select yes, you should get a progress bar and then the unit should reboot on its own. The Settings menus might change, so you will want to go through them, and make sure you have all the settings you want.

If you continue to have issues, contact your dealer.

Jul 17, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #3,782 of 4,272

I have only had the player lock up if I play a corrupted file. What type of files are you mostly using? As to the button issue, they are capacitive, so it might be something you're doing that you don't notice. Does it happen when when the screen is off? If so, you might again be looking at a corrupted file issue. You might try installing the current firmware if you have not done so already. http://questyleaudio.com/uploads/file/20160621/6360212189787471455812490.zip
Note: you need to put the q1.fw file onto a blank micro sd card. You cannot change the name of the file or have anything else on the card. It cannot be in a folder, it must be in the root directory. I recommend taking all cards out of the player, putting the fw card in slot 1, then going into System Settings select Upgrade then select yes, you should get a progress bar and then the unit should reboot on its own. The Settings menus might change, so you will want to go through them, and make sure you have all the settings you want.

If you continue to have issues, contact your dealer.

It has the most current firmware.  It's not something I'm doing and not noticing, I've already ruled that out.  But whenever I press any selection or back buttons it acts as if the left or right arrow button is being pressed simultaenously (when the glitch is happening).

The files are 320kbs mp3 and AAC files.  There shouldn't be an issue with them.  I've already checked all of them for corruption using my computer.

It just seems to happen sometimes at random, the glitch.  Meh.  It's not that big a deal because I love the sound so much, but it's still definitely annoying.

I bought it used from a friend, I don't have a dealer from whom I got it.

Jul 17, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #3,783 of 4,272
I have a question about FW 1.0.6.  I haven't installed it yet, as it addresses some visual aspects and language updates that don't concern me.  But, are there any 'under-the-hood' tweaks to the player that might make it worth while not to skip this update?

Jul 18, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #3,784 of 4,272
  I have a question about FW 1.0.6.  I haven't installed it yet, as it addresses some visual aspects and language updates that don't concern me.  But, are there any 'under-the-hood' tweaks to the player that might make it worth while not to skip this update?

They say they optimized battery usage, but I don't know if that refers to the indicator or actual operations.

Jul 18, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #3,785 of 4,272
I'd heard that, too.  I understood it was in reference to the acuracy of the meter, which also doesn't bug me for obvious reasons.  Well, think I'll wait 'till Q  addresses the play-through limitation, which is my only complaint.
By the way, good to see you around on the thread again.  I thought you a great asset during the development stage when working there.

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #3,787 of 4,272
Jul 19, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #3,788 of 4,272
  I'd heard that, too.  I understood it was in reference to the acuracy of the meter, which also doesn't bug me for obvious reasons.  Well, think I'll wait 'till Q  addresses the play-through limitation, which is my only complaint.
By the way, good to see you around on the thread again.  I thought you a great asset during the development stage when working there.

Have they said they plan on addressing the desire for a play-through-folders feature?  Because I would reeeeally like that.

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #3,789 of 4,272
Important question for everyone.  I am having a lot of glitches with my QP1R!  Could it be because the firmware was not installed from a blank micro-SD, but rather from one with music on it?  I know it says to only install from a blank card, but so does the Fiio X3ii and yet I never had problems with that after installing its firmware from a mostly-filled-up card.

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #3,790 of 4,272
What are the glitches? Mine on 1.0.6 works fine except the usual suspect of battery indicator during charging which is not deal breaker.

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #3,791 of 4,272
What are the glitches? Mine on 1.0.6 works fine except the usual suspect of battery indicator during charging which is not deal breaker.

Oh gosh, there's two big glithces and they're super-annoying.  First of all, the capacitative arrow-buttons will glitch out so it acts like I'm pressing either the forward or back arrow when there is definitely nothign actually touching them.  If I press them both in quick succession it seems to clear it up.

More annoyingly, it randomly powers off!  Sometimes when I plug in headphones (What?) sometimes in the middle of listening to music, often while going to the next track, or while idle.  I never have idle-turnoff or sleep turned on.  Sometimes it goes for long periods of time (hours or days) without doing it.  Other times, like this evening, it does it a lot and it's super-annoying!!!!!!  It's driving me completely nuts tonight.  And it also worries me greatly. . .it's the kind of issue that seems like it could be hardware rather than the firmware (the headphones make a click when it suddenly powers off, moreso than when it is normally turned-off), and makes me incredibly worried that the unit is going to die
frown.gif

Then of course there's the battery-glitch but it's not like the battery life actually changes so it's no big deal.

Oh, the random power-offs happen at any battery level.  And if I recall, they have happened once or twice when it was plugged in charging and turned on.

Could it be the files I use?  All mine are (high bitrate) lossy.  Mp3 and M4A.

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #3,792 of 4,272
What you are experiencing is definitely not "normal". I hate to ask but why did your friend sell it to you? Similar issues? Software compatibility issues are the worst. If that is what it is. Maybe transfer the songs to another card and install that. But if you send it in for servicing I don't see why Questyle would balk at checking it out. Is there a rule that they will only repair original owner devices? Bottom line is I suspect the memory card you are using, not that that helps much.

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #3,793 of 4,272
Oh gosh, there's two big glithces and they're super-annoying.  First of all, the capacitative arrow-buttons will glitch out so it acts like I'm pressing either the forward or back arrow when there is definitely nothign actually touching them.  If I press them both in quick succession it seems to clear it up.

More annoyingly, it randomly powers off!  Sometimes when I plug in headphones (What?) sometimes in the middle of listening to music, often while going to the next track, or while idle.  I never have idle-turnoff or sleep turned on.  Sometimes it goes for long periods of time (hours or days) without doing it.  Other times, like this evening, it does it a lot and it's super-annoying!!!!!!  It's driving me completely nuts tonight.  And it also worries me greatly. . .it's the kind of issue that seems like it could be hardware rather than the firmware (the headphones make a click when it suddenly powers off, moreso than when it is normally turned-off), and makes me incredibly worried that the unit is going to die :frowning2:

Then of course there's the battery-glitch but it's not like the battery life actually changes so it's no big deal.

Oh, the random power-offs happen at any battery level.  And if I recall, they have happened once or twice when it was plugged in charging and turned on.

I have had only one time that the player just froze up and would not do anything it was for about 10 minutes and then was fine . It was 90% or more charged it just locked up but then out of nowhere it came back to life. I have have had no other problems with it after that not a one.

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #3,794 of 4,272

More annoyingly, it randomly powers off!  Sometimes when I plug in headphones (What?) sometimes in the middle of listening to music, often while going to the next track, or while idle.  I never have idle-turnoff or sleep turned on.  Sometimes it goes for long periods of time (hours or days) without doing it.  Other times, like this evening, it does it a lot and it's super-annoying!!!!!!  It's driving me completely nuts tonight.  And it also worries me greatly. . .it's the kind of issue that seems like it could be hardware rather than the firmware (the headphones make a click when it suddenly powers off, moreso than when it is normally turned-off), and makes me incredibly worried that the unit is going to die
frown.gif

What you are experiencing is definitely not "normal". I hate to ask but why did your friend sell it to you? Similar issues? Software compatibility issues are the worst. If that is what it is. Maybe transfer the songs to another card and install that. But if you send it in for servicing I don't see why Questyle would balk at checking it out. Is there a rule that they will only repair original owner devices? Bottom line is I suspect the memory card you are using, not that that helps much.

One way to test if it is a hardware issue is to roll back to firmware 1.0.2 (so far, the most stable firmware many users are using) and see if the same glitches occur.  If they do, it is more likely related to hardware...If not, then it is more likely related to firmware and could eventually be fixed.

Of course, Questyle is taking its sweet time releasing firmware updates.  Heck, FiiO frequently releases beta builds to Head-Fi users and solicits feedback.  They appear to be much more responsive to suggestions for fixes/improvements.  For DAPs, closed betas are not a good thing because the Head-Fi user base has a wide variety of usage/hardware cases/configurations to test against.  I just feel if Questyle would step up the firmware development, they'd really make a huge dent in the DAP market.  Hearing how good the QP1(and R) sound make the firmware glitches that much more frustrating.
...but I digress and step down from my soapbox.  

Hope the above suggestion helps...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

P.S. - I have F/W 1.0.6 and only had the player shut down on songs longer than 10 minutes even with all the sleep settings and power down setting turned off.

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #3,795 of 4,272

It's nothing sketchy on the seller's end like that!  He didn't want it anymore because he likes the X7's features more.  He's a really cool guy who has done awesome stuff for me in the past, such as loaning me a pair of Alpha Dogs and an Asgard 2 for six whole months.  If he knew about this glitchiness at the time, he wouldn't have sold it without getting it looked at by Questyle first.  He hadn't used it in a while in favor of other stuff because he didnt' like the scroll-wheel much, himself, and the lack of extra features.

One way to test if it is a hardware issue is to roll back to firmware 1.0.2 (so far, the most stable firmware many users are using) and see if the same glitches occur.  If they do, it is more likely related to hardware...If not, then it is more likely related to firmware and could eventually be fixed.
Of course, Questyle is taking its sweet time to release firmware updates.  Heck, FiiO at least frequently releases beta builds to Head-Fi users and solicits feedback.  They appear to be much more responsive to suggestions for fixes/improvements.  For DAPs, closed betas are not a good thing because the Head-Fi user base has a wide variety of usage/hardware cases/configurations to test against.  I just feel if Questyle would step up the firmware development, they'd really make a huge dent in the DAP market.  Hearing how good the QP1(and R) sound make the firmware glitches that much more frustrating.
...but I digress and step down from my soapbox.  

Hope the above suggestion helps...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

How do I roll back to an earlier firmware?  Is there a repository somewhere?  I can only find the newest firmware on their site. . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back