Questyle QP1
Jul 13, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #3,766 of 4,272
Anyone, who needs or wants, a spare USB cable that works with the QP1(R) recessed USB port, user @HK_sends
 recommended [COLOR=FF0000]this one[/COLOR]. I ordered the 3 pack for $10.99. The fit is perfect and the construction seems premium, given the price.
Thanks for that I just had to shave down the one I bought. Sent the original with the X-1 or E12 I sold a while back. Duh.

Jul 15, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #3,767 of 4,272
My impressions after a couple days with this and a pair of quite-resolving headphones (the HiFiMan Edition S):  Just as I thought from the meet where I listened to it, the QP1R is amazing :)  I can notice an increase in clarity and what "feels" to my ears like better dynamics, speed, and separation from the QP1R as compared to my Fiio X3ii.

Okay so yeah, it's a shame I can't use this as a DAC for my computer, but, the sound is to die for
biggrin.gif
  The slippery scroll-wheel is annoying too, but I've fixed that with an adhesive rubber foot (for furniture and stuff) I've attached to it.  And the UI is kinda laggy (a bit moreso than the X3ii, not really obnoxiously so).  Even so, again, the sound is amazing!

One thing I also like is the EQ.  The EQ has more bands than the one on the X3ii, and also seems to have a "smoother" effect, probably due to a better spline used to connect EQ-points.  Anyway, as a result I can get headphones even closer-to-neutral sounding with EQ on the QP1R than the X3ii.  Can lift the sub-bass a little bit on the Edition S to make it sound truly neutral, and can reduce the bass on the Trinity Delta IEM's in order to make them sound like a very good $150 reference IEM :)

Last thing on my wishlist is an IEM upgrade, possibly to the Jays Q-Jays, and I'll be highly pleased with my setup for the time being
etysmile.gif

Jul 15, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #3,769 of 4,272
  Can you post a pic--the scroll wheel is the biggest complaint about this DAP. Would love to see modification ideas.

One of those rubberized feet from 3M (that's the brand to get, they're the stickiest).  You can buy small packs of them on ebay and stuff.  I find the flat-topped ones of 1/2" width work okay (you have to place them on there carefully to avoid getting them stuck to the parts other than the wheel).  http://www.ebay.com/itm/321744194161

You will want to trim off the little flange around the bottom sticky part of the adhesive dot, otherwise it'll hang over the edge of the wheel.  I find a pair of nailclippers works extremely well and quickliy for trimming it.

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #3,773 of 4,272
The transparent plastic disc provided by Questyle seems to take care of any slipping issues and it is not visible once applied.

How can I get one of the discs?  I'm not a QP1R owner myself as far as Questyle is concerned, I bought it used from an individual who I know.

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #3,774 of 4,272
How can I get one of the discs?  I'm not a QP1R owner myself as far as Questyle is concerned, I bought it used from an individual who I know.
I have not seen them on the website I got a couple from Bruce at Canlanta gratis no less. Maybe not as a good deal you got on your player though: )

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #3,775 of 4,272
I have not seen them on the website I got a couple from Bruce at Canlanta gratis no less. Maybe not as a good deal you got on your player though: )

Well that was a pretty rare and definitely one-time thing for me, haha.  I'm very grateful to have had luck like that (I've never won anything in my life or anything like that before, so it's pretty cool) and thus be able to move up my schedule for buying various audio stuff
biggrin.gif

I don't really need the plastic disc so much now to be honest, anyway.  The rubberized dot works very well right now :)  I just have to watch for it when I take the player out of or put it in its case (I forgot to with a rubber dot a couple days ago and it got ripped off when I removed the player from the case).

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #3,776 of 4,272

Bruce Ball of Questyle was handing the discs out at the San Fransisco Head Fi meet yesterday, he said to give him a call or you could email him at bruce.ball@questyleaudio.com and just ask for one.

Jul 17, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #3,777 of 4,272
Bruce Ball of Questyle was handing the discs out at the San Fransisco Head Fi meet yesterday, he said to give him a call or you could email him at bruce.ball@questyleaudio.com and just ask for one.

I'm assuming that's the same disc he gave me at SoCal, and if so its a very solid choice for QP1R owners. It's only visible upon close inspection and the surface is grippy without feeling sticky. I quite like it.

Jul 17, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #3,778 of 4,272

I'm assuming that's the same disc he gave me at SoCal, and if so its a very solid choice for QP1R owners. It's only visible upon close inspection and the surface is grippy without feeling sticky. I quite like it.

Now if we just had a place to order them directly...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 17, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #3,779 of 4,272
Bruce already emailed me back saying he'd be glad to send me a couple of the discs
biggrin.gif

Hey so quick question.  Has anyone else been getting a weird glitch where sometimes the player starts to act like the left-arrow or right-arrow button is constantly being pressed?  Like whenever you select a song it jumps to the previous or the next one instead and plays that, and buttons don't respond properly in certain situations (like trying to go back from a song to its containing folder).  I find the only solution to the glitch is to power the player off and on again.

Also, something I'm a tad concerned about.  Does the QP1R ever, for anyone, experience complete lock-up glitches where it becomes non-responsive?  I noticed it does not have a "reset" button like some DAP's, so if that happens wouldn't one have to wait until the battery runs down before doing anything?  Or can everything always be solved by just powering it off, and it will always be able to power off?  My Fiio X3ii, you see, in some of the earlier firmware versions, would lock up and the power-button would not respond, so I had to hit its reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back