Questyle QP1
Nov 5, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #2,386 of 4,272
Nov 5, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #2,387 of 4,272
Don't want to play the copyright Nazi here but what actually is the purpose of photoshopping an ipod classic UI on the official product page? Kind of misleading....

6356659539688368352693255.jpg

Nov 6, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #2,390 of 4,272
Hey Guys,

I think I had an issue with my media library after updating the firmware from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4.

I have two 128gb cards installed. They are each completely full with apple lossless songs

Sequence of events:
-Player is off
-removed cards
-installed blank new card into slot #1
-formatted with player
-plug player into PC
-download firmware update
-copied the correct file to slot #1
-disconnected player from PC
-turned player on
-performed the player's upgrade function
-When done checked that the firmware version was changed
-turned off player
-removed card from slot#1 and reinstalled music cards in the same order
-turned player on
-didn't really check things too much
-used player in random mode all weekend until low battery level shut itself down
-charged the player using an a/c changer
-unplugged at 100% charged
-left player alone until this morning's commute to work

This is where things went a bit funky
-Turned player on
-it went to main menu
-I hit the playing now
-A list of songs appeared (I will assume from my media library)
-I noticed that all the songs were listed twice. The duplicate song had a leading underscore _ character
-So I fugured it was because I removed my cards
-Did a manual update media lib
-When done went back to the now playing option and still dupicate songs were listed
-I had to go to work so I just picked a song and played it and the player went into random mode as I wanted
-But I noticed that everytime the ramdon song selected was one of the new duplicate library entries having the underscore character a message flashed up saying that the media was not supported and then the player would go and pick another song.

How can I fix my media library or at least clear it out and start over

Anyone got a copy of 1.0.2 so I can put things back?  Ha-Ha

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #2,393 of 4,272
Nope .... didn't work ...

After I took the cards out, did the media update there were just the 3 songs that came with the player.

After reinstalling cards same situation .... duplicates found

I'll look at the cards to see exactly what's on them when I get home .... our USB ports here at work don't function for security reasons

I just can't imagine how extra files were placed on the cards ... there isn't any room for them

Ah .... still love the sound ... walking through Madison Square Park this morning ... I had to do an extra lap just to listen

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #2,394 of 4,272
I would format the cards again and recopy all the music onto the cards. That should fix the issue.

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #2,395 of 4,272
I would check the cards first before doing anything drastic like reformatting them.

I would take the card you used for updating the firmware and delete the firmware file, then add a few test tracks to it. Put it in the player, update the media library and see if it creates the "duplicate" files.
The files you are seeing might be references or pointers to the actual media files and not the original files copied whole.

Nov 6, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #2,396 of 4,272
  Hey Guys,

I think I had an issue with my media library after updating the firmware from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4.

I have two 128gb cards installed. They are each completely full with apple lossless songs

Sequence of events:
-Player is off
-removed cards
-formatted with player
-plug player into PC
-turned player on
-turned off player
-turned player on
-used player in random mode all weekend until low battery level shut itself down

-Turned player on
-it went to main menu
-I hit the playing now
-I noticed that all the songs were listed twice. The duplicate song had a leading underscore _ character
-When done went back to the now playing option and still dupicate songs were listed
-I had to go to work so I just picked a song and played it and the player went into random mode as I wanted
-But I noticed that everytime the ramdon song selected was one of the new duplicate library entries having the underscore character a message flashed up saying that the media was not supported and then the player would go and pick another song.

I would check the cards first before doing anything drastic like reformatting them.

I would take the card you used for updating the firmware and delete the firmware file, then add a few test tracks to it. Put it in the player, update the media library and see if it creates the "duplicate" files.
The files you are seeing might be references or pointers to the actual media files and not the original files copied whole.

An easy way to for the duplicates is to do a search for *.FLAC (or whatever file type you are using). Look for files of the same name with 0 file sizes, they will be the problem files.

Don't know of anything the player could have done to cause this. The player doesn't write anything to the MicroSD cards, when it is connected to a computer, it acts as an external drive or more correctly a MicroSD card reader.

You might also want to check the internal storage for more than one instance of .lst  If there is, delete them and manually update the library.

Nov 6, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #2,397 of 4,272
  Don't want to play the copyright Nazi here but what actually is the purpose of photoshopping an ipod classic UI on the official product page? Kind of misleading....

6356659539688368352693255.jpg

This was the original artist rendering of the QP1, it apparently never got replaced when actual photos became available. I will notify those in charge of the web page.

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #2,398 of 4,272
I have 1.0.2 on my google drive, posted a link to it on one of the threads somewhere :)

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #2,399 of 4,272
  Hey Guys,

Sequence of events:
-Player is off
-removed cards
-formatted with player
-plug player into PC
-turned player on
-turned off player
-turned player on

-Turned player on
-it went to main menu
-I hit the playing now

I'm not a QP1R owner yet but plan to be soon. Is the "PC" a Mac? If so, and there is a "._", these are invisible files created by the Mac OS and don't become visible until the files are moved to a non OS X operating system. If this is the case, Google "._ OS X" and you'll find instructions for removing these files. There are also utilities for preventing this. I use a utility called BlueHarvest on my Mac. If none of this applies to your situation, I hope you can find an answer. Good Luck!  

Nov 7, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #2,400 of 4,272
I use my macs to import/burn my music from CDs using iTunes the iTunes library is located on a QNAP NAS (Linux). I heard about Mac issues with the QP1R so I used my windows 10 desktop to copy the NAS files onto the cards. I'll try to find a solution over the weekend using another card with just one album. Thanks now I have a clue as to what to look for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back