Questyle QP1
Apr 25, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #196 of 4,272
Nope  I had my AK100 mk2 and jh13s because I was travelling light. I certainly wouldn't trade the Lotoo but it's not $600. The AK 100 mk2 (old style) was the opposite side of the character scale. A bit too lively in comparison and didn't reach in quite as far. That said, I still enjoy it's natural color and the way it presents a tune. (FW 2.2) 

I think it's a bit early to come to any conclusions about the QP1s other than they'll be VG. They were still rough around the edges and I'm sure they'll be well finished before coming to market. We know FWs can change sound as well. What's good is that it balanced, detailed, not ringy or bright and is open sounding. It's overall character, as everything has one, swayed just ever so slightly to the controlled and smooth side but with good scale. That could change a bit by the time it's done but it's more than fine just as is. It's obviously a very nice platform.

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #204 of 4,272
I don't mind no touchscreen, as long as the hardware buttons are well though-out in relation to the overall UI navigation.

iPod Classic still has one of the best simple user interfaces, IMO, except that I would have preferred more individual seperated buttons, rather than trying to do it all via the scroll-wheel component.

It's important to be able to scroll rapidly through thousands of songs if there is no touchscreen, and it's also important to be able to easily and reliably control the DAP inside your pocket, by feel, without having to pull the device out.

It appears the QP1 is likely to satisfy both of those requirements, but of course we still have to wait until we know for certain.

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #206 of 4,272
  I don't mind no touchscreen, as long as the hardware buttons are well though-out in relation to the overall UI navigation.

iPod Classic still has one of the best simple user interfaces, IMO, except that I would have preferred more individual seperated buttons, rather than trying to do it all via the scroll-wheel component.

It's important to be able to scroll rapidly through thousands of songs if there is no touchscreen, and it's also important to be able to easily and reliably control the DAP inside your pocket, by feel, without having to pull the device out.

It appears the QP1 is likely to satisfy both of those requirements, but of course we still have to wait until we know for certain.

I do miss that fast-scrolling in the Classic, but that's all. 
I saw some chatter about pre-ordering the QP1 last night.  But it only applies if you have a FB account.  Saved me from an impulse buy.  Rather someone else write a review before I jump in.  No 1st-time adopter am I.

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #207 of 4,272

I do miss that fast-scrolling in the Classic, but that's all.

I agree. The SQ is rubbish, and so is the HDD reliability.

But the fast scroll-wheel and the very simple/effective dynamic playlists I would like to see happen again on a DAP like the QP1 (even though I realise the ALPS scroll-wheel is a different type of scroll-wheel to Apple's proprietary one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back