Questyle QP1
Nov 10, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #2,448 of 4,272
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

If anyone has updated their QP1R to 1.0.4 (not sure if this applies to the QP1 as well, but as a precaution, I would assume yes), from my experience, please downgrade from 1.0.4 to 1.0.2.  The issue for me was that after updating to 1.0.4, I tried to listen to music after several hours of the QP1R playing, and was unable to.  I had pink noise playing for around 6 hours (during the time I slept) to burn in an IEM.  When I plugged in/tried to play music after waking up, I was unable to get anything to play.  I could hear the relay engaging from the QP1R in my IEM and headphone I tried, but could not get music to play, no matter what plugging in and unplugging I performed.  Usually I could get everything working by performing a hard reset, but with the 1.0.4 update, I was unable to get the QP1R to play music even after multiple hard reset attempts.  Even after downgrading to 1.0.2, it wouldn't work at all as well when I tried to hard reset multiple times.  I kept the QP1R off all day, and when I returned home to the QP1R I was able to get it working again with another hard reset.  I will keep it at 1.0.2 until there is a firmware version that will not have this issue.

Since the firmware version 1.0.2 is not currently (as of this writing) available via the Questyle website, anyone who wants/needs it can download it from my Google Drive download link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Cx_TwmO-EJakgzakc0SjRiamc/view?usp=sharing.

I will edit this post with my updated finding(s) once there is a workable solution and/or firmware update, and after I test out the workable solution and/or firmware update myself.

We have had no reports, worldwide, of this issue. I suspect it is something else, nothing to do with version 1.0.4.

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #2,450 of 4,272
We have had no reports, worldwide, of this issue. I suspect it is something else, nothing to do with version 1.0.4.

What is the issue specifically, since I only experienced this issue via 1.0.4 update?

Nov 11, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #2,452 of 4,272
I have no idea as we have never come across this issue. I will need to have a look at it to determine what the problem may be.

So if you have not experienced this issue, how can you rule out that it has nothing to do with the 1.0.4 update?

Nov 11, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #2,453 of 4,272
So if you have not experienced this issue, how can you rule out that it has nothing to do with the 1.0.4 update?

Well, given that hundreds of people have upgraded their players to 1.0.4 and no one else has had this problem, I strongly suspect it is something other than fw1.0.4. I believe you mentioned you still had the same problem even after rolling it back to 1.0.2 and that makes me further suspect it is not the 1.0.4 update.

Nov 11, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #2,454 of 4,272
Well, given that hundreds of people have upgraded their players to 1.0.4 and no one else has had this problem, I strongly suspect it is something other than fw1.0.4. I believe you mentioned you still had the same problem even after rolling it back to 1.0.2 and that makes me further suspect it is not the 1.0.4 update.

It did, right after rolling back to 1.0.2. However, it worked later when it was turned off. Also, I performed the exact same test last night to this morning without issue via 1.0.2 update. Without issue, meaning I could get the QP1R to play again when I hard resetted it.

Nov 11, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #2,455 of 4,272

Have you redownloaded the v1.0.4 OTA? It could possibly be a problem with small tiny sectors not completing their install or download as some point. If the DAP worked perfectly or without those listed problems prior to the update, then it might be either the update or something internal. We have no way of knowing perfectly without either the DAP or dump of the software.
Either way, it stands that you have a problem that needs to be solved. So long as Questyle gets you a unit that works correctly, that's the only thing that matters. I wish Questyle had a checksum or some form of verification string to test to make sure the file was downloaded in its entirety. I always make sure to check my Android ROMs before flashing them.

Nov 11, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #2,456 of 4,272
Have you redownloaded the v1.0.4 OTA? It could possibly be a problem with small tiny sectors not completing their install or download as some point. If the DAP worked perfectly or without those listed problems prior to the update, then it might be either the update or something internal. We have no way of knowing perfectly without either the DAP or dump of the software.
Either way, it stands that you have a problem that needs to be solved. So long as Questyle gets you a unit that works correctly, that's the only thing that matters. I wish Questyle had a checksum or some form of verification string to test to make sure the file was downloaded in its entirety. I always make sure to check my Android ROMs before flashing them.

I will let Questyle take care of this as they will have a sufficient solution, hopefully in the near future.

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #2,457 of 4,272
I will let Questyle take care of this as they will have a sufficient solution, hopefully in the near future.

I hope they find a quick solution to your problem. If anyone else, Bruce should take care of you. I do find it strange that it did happen, which is plausible for anything. I mean, it is entirely possible that problems can occur.
Oh, well. It is what it is. Good luck man.

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #2,458 of 4,272
I hope they find a quick solution to your problem. If anyone else, Bruce should take care of you. I do find it strange that it did happen, which is plausible for anything. I mean, it is entirely possible that problems can occur.
Oh, well. It is what it is. Good luck man.

Thanks. I talk to and see Bruce in person on a regular basis, so it's all good. I'm not worried. My solution is to keep listening to the QP1R via 1.0.2 and will try it again when the next firmware version is available (as a beta or otherwise).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back