Questyle QP1
Apr 11, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #151 of 4,272
thanks for the response. i'm looking forward to the product release and reading some reviews.

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #157 of 4,272
The QP1 does have an optical output, but no SPDIF input at this time.

Curious why Questyle, and Astell and Kern, among others, have chosen optical out instead of coaxial. Optical is so much more fragile, especially for portable units.

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #158 of 4,272

Hi,

No, the initial release will not support SACD ISO, if there is enough demand, it may be offered at a later date, though it is easy enough to convert it to DSF or DFF if you want to add meta data which is necessary for the search functions.

how long really do we have to wait to start seeing the prodcut being offered for selling, as some as you know headfiers are eager to buy daps and the waiting game is really sometimes a reason why some buy what is available now than to keep wiating

Apr 13, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #159 of 4,272
Curious why Questyle, and Astell and Kern, among others, have chosen optical out instead of coaxial. Optical is so much more fragile, especially for portable units.

It is a matter of real-estate. In other words, to have a dedicated coaxial SPDIF output, would require a third 3.5mm port, whereas the optical output makes use of an existing 3.5mm port.

Apr 13, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #160 of 4,272
  how long really do we have to wait to start seeing the prodcut being offered for selling, as some as you know headfiers are eager to buy daps and the waiting game is really sometimes a reason why some buy what is available now than to keep wiating

How high is up, Jason will not release the product until he is completely satisfied that it is ready, we are down to the last few weeks, but cannot announce a release date until the units are in production.

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #161 of 4,272
Jason will not release the product until he is completely satisfied that it is ready, we are down to the last few weeks, but cannot announce a release date until the units are in production.

Wise decision, as you only have one chance to make that (important) first impression
rolleyes.gif

Just 2 more questions:
  1. Will QP1 and QP1 Pro hit the market at the same time?
  2. Do you (as an insider) have any specific (technical) information why the QP1 Pro will have better sound quality than QP1?

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #162 of 4,272

How high is up, Jason will not release the product until he is completely satisfied that it is ready, we are down to the last few weeks, but cannot announce a release date until the units are in production.

just curious my native language is not english but do i sense from you ridiculing me for asking when u say (how high is up)  if yes then i will unsubscribe from this thread as i do not not need attitude

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #163 of 4,272
It is a matter of real-estate. In other words, to have a dedicated coaxial SPDIF output, would require a third 3.5mm port, whereas the optical output makes use of an existing 3.5mm port.

Thanks.

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #164 of 4,272
  just curious my native language is not english but do i sense from you ridiculing me for asking when u say (how high is up)  if yes then i will unsubscribe from this thread as i do not not need attitude

Please try not to be so sensitive! 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

There are 2 huge chunks of aluminium on the QP1 chassis - is that for heat-sink purposes?

I really don't think a third 3.5mm port would take up too much room. Goodness, I wouldn't mind the chassis being a few millimeters wider (not thicker, just wider) for a co-axial output.

I think it's great that you're providing a digital-out, and I really appreciate it. But optical cables are so fragile, it's not a good idea to provide optical instead of coaxial.

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #165 of 4,272

"how high is up?" suggests an impossible question.   that phrase is not considered insulting by english speakers.  it is just a statement that the person has no sensible answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back