Questyle Audio's lack of customer service
post-15880683
Post #1 of 3

TommyFro

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I wanted to make this post to detail the experience I have had with Questyle Audio and to, hopefully, enlighten people to an issue that I find unacceptable.

April 2019:
My experience with Questyle Audio began in April 2019. My CMA400i had developed a channel imbalance, resulting in the output being roughly 5% lower in one channel. I figured that it was in the DAC portion of the unit(sources have since told me that it might have been the volume pot causing this issue) as it had the issue when plugged into my speaker amp and used as a pre-amp. The unit was 10 months old at the time, so I figured I would contact support about the issue. I emailed usa@questyle.com on April 22, 2019 asking about how I would go about getting the unit repaired and Bruce Ball(head of Questyle Audio in North America at the time) responded within a day. We went back and forth about what was needed to get warranty repair, which ended up being an invoice including the serial number of the unit. A RMA address was provided and I readied the unit for shipping. Bruce claimed to be in and out of the hospital, hence his poor email response time.

May 2019:
The unit was sent to Bruce in California on May 4, 2019, with tracking, insurance, and direct signature required per his request. He confirmed it arrived on May 14th, and on May 22, 2019 (my last contact with Bruce) I was informed that the testing center had confirmed my issue and stated that it would have to go back to the factory for repair. I was quoted 6-8 weeks, which I felt was fair for shipping back and forth to China and being repaired. This is when I lost contact with anyone at Questyle.

This is also when I got into contact with a fellow forum member, who I won't @ but is welcome to comment on their experience as well, who had the same experience as me with Bruce.

June 2019-August 2020:
I periodically forward my email chain with Bruce to every Questyle email I have on record about once per month to no avail. To be honest, I had given up with the unit and moved on.

September 2020:
A few things happened this month that began to give me hope that something could possibly happen. I got into contact with an online friend who worked for Questyle Audio a while back. He confirmed that Bruce was indeed the head for North America and corroborated his story of being in the hospital. He has neither heard or seen anything from Bruce since. He also said that Bruce would hold of on sending units back to China and would instead pack them when he went over for business.

I was told that Bluebird Music was now the North American contact for Questyle Audio. I sent them an email figuring that it was worth a shot to see if they could find anything out for me. After a few nice back and forth emails from them they said they would forward my issue to Questyle and let me know what happened. This was on September 8th, and I have since heard back nothing. While I don't want to trow them under the bus, as they have been helpful and at least responsive, it does feel like anything around Questyle service ends up in the same pointless email chain with no end in sight. I hope they get back to me soon with something, and I will update this post accordingly.

At this point I don't have any hope for getting my unit back, repaired or not. I wanted to post about this over a year ago, but like most people I got busy and sort of forgot. Hopefully this post helps people decide on supporting this company in the future.

Just for fun, if anyone has a CMA400i, check and see if it has the serial number 10317300527. I've wondered what happened to my unit and it would be really funny to me if they fixed and resold it.

If anyone has experiences with Questyle Audio in North America, either good or bad, feel free to add to this thread!

Reactions: Shroune and DenverW
post-15882033
Post #2 of 3

Shroune

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a CMA 600i with a default in the DAC section. I tried to contact them many times and never had a response on their part. I expect getting a great service when buying expensive products like this one. Never buying a questyle product again.

post-15908216
Post #3 of 3

Voxata

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
When I see Questyles hit the market used for a high price I roll my eyes... it's just not worth it with this horrid support.

Reactions: blackdragon87

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)