Questions from a noob about Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
Nov 30, 2008 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jaredtkatz

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

First: I am just getting into hi-fi audio "stuff" and I decided to go for a nice pair of headphones as well as a portable amp (ibasso d2 Boa). I purchased the Sennheiser HD 595 from Amazon which are amazing, but they leak too much sound and are too large to be used anywhere other than home. So, I am returning the 595 and I just purchased the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II. Will these go well with the portable amp?

Also, I read that I should probably replace the stock steel cable with a copper cable.

Is this a correct cable to purchase?

Sennheiser | Replacement Cable for HD 25-1 Headphones | 074532

Is it worth replacing the cable? And, finally, are these headphones EASY to take apart and replace the cable (remember, I am new to this)?

Nov 30, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 3
Okay, I'll try to answer all your questions here
smily_headphones1.gif

The HD25-1 will go nice with every amp that is capable, and the Boa sure is.
The copper cable you're looking for is the Sennheiser HD650 cable. It will add the extra detail you might be missing.
It's a very easy to disassemble headphone, just remove the wiring, pop the cups off the headband and you're done!
You might want to replace the pads with some AKG K81DJ pads, they add some isolation and some extra comfort.

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, I'll try to answer all your questions here
smily_headphones1.gif

The HD25-1 will go nice with every amp that is capable, and the Boa sure is.
The copper cable you're looking for is the Sennheiser HD650 cable. It will add the extra detail you might be missing.
It's a very easy to disassemble headphone, just remove the wiring, pop the cups off the headband and you're done!
You might want to replace the pads with some AKG K81DJ pads, they add some isolation and some extra comfort.

Thanks for the help. Where do i get those pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back