Questions about the Ultrasone PRO 550 headset
Nov 5, 2011 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

So I am pretty much set on buying these headphones because apparently they are great for gaming and have pretty good highs/mids, and they are closed. I have heard great things about the sound stage as well.

I have some questions before I click the "buy" button on Amazon.

1. Is the bass going to be really overpowering? I mainly listen to metal if that matters, and I am transitioning from AD700's.

2. What is the sound stage like? Is it wide enough to be pretty good for gaming, or should I not bother using them for gaming purposes?

3. Is this the model which is able to fold up?

4. Are they heavier than my AD700's?

If anyone here has the headphones, I would really appreciate some close up pictures of the 3.5mm port, the pads, the top, and the earpieces themselves.

Nov 5, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #2 of 5
I have the DJ1 PRO, which is the same as the PRO550 but in a different color, they do feel heavy to me but I'm not sure what the difference with the AD700 is. I don't have a good camera but I'll do what I can with my iPod. Apparently they need good amplification but I only have an iPod right now so I don't really know. They sound fine with games coming out of my TV. The bass impact is definitely there. 

Nov 5, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 5
The biggest problem with ultrasone pro 550 is comfort, sInce it is closed and goes around ear things heat up real quick. To tell you the truth I was not satisfied with sound and s logic, sound got bigger but instead of layers there was a gap/hole between sound and my ears and that is another thing that bothered me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back