Questions about the Sennheiser HD 595's
Aug 22, 2011 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Hephaestus123

New Head-Fier
Hi. I've been looking into getting a new pair of headphones and the one that sparked my interest was the hd595's by Sennheiser. I listen to a lost of rock and some house, trance, dubstep, etc. The cans fit all my needs... except alot of users commented on the bass being very shallow. I usually have the bass on my eq cranked a little bit above normal, and I've been wondering if I could increase the bass to an over-average level by using my Fiio E7 Headphone Amp/DAC. Also, how would you rate the comfortableness of the headset in general; (I had a bad expierience with the Shure SRH440's because of the pressure and how closed/confined they were).

Thx,
Jeff

Aug 22, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 11
Hi. Thx for the quick reply.., but I'm a bit confused... The Digizoid ZO is marketed as a speakerless subwoofer.. what's that supposed to mean? Is it like a bass boosting DAC or something? I don't get it.

EDIT: From my research, it seems that it's kind of like SRS WOW for bass, are you saying that I should buy this to  pump more bass into the cans? Also, would hooking this up after the Fiio E7 work too? 'cause I can hear a noticable difference when using it.

Aug 22, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
Hi. Thx for the quick reply.., but I'm a bit confused... The Digizoid ZO is marketed as a speakerless subwoofer.. what's that supposed to mean? Is it like a bass boosting DAC or something? I don't get it.

EDIT: From my research, it seems that it's kind of like SRS WOW for bass, are you saying that I should buy this to  pump more bass into the cans? Also, would hooking this up after the Fiio E7 work too? 'cause I can hear a noticable difference when using it.

Heya,

The ZO uses a different technique for boosting bass and does it very well without the distortion you would experience from normal software equalizers. If you're looking to spend about $100 and enhance any headphone's bass, an amp just won't do it naturally, but an amp that is built to gain bass (the ZO) will.

Very best,

Aug 22, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:

I  don't think  any enhancer or EQ , would fix the "broken bass" from the hd595. The bass is here, but the impact is  absent.

Aug 22, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 11
In that case, what headphones would be good for me that have velour earpads, are open canned, comfortable, and sound really good for around $200?
Edi: Right now I'm looking at the Sennheiser HD380 Pro

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #10 of 11
Some of my favorite music falls within your listed genres.  As an HD-595 owner, take my word for it, you want a closed-back headphone in your price range.  I am so much happier with my Denon D5000 or Audio-Technica M50s.  I believe the sound signature would be much more to your liking.  Redirect your research toward any closed headphones in your price range, including those mentioned in this thread.

Aug 22, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #11 of 11
If you ARE worried about soundstage or comfort issues with closed cans, the Denons have none of those issues.  The instrument separation and clarity is very good for a closed can too, but the crispness isn't as good as an open can like a beyer.  Denons are some of the best of what closed cans have to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back