1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Questions about RE-400 vs Shure SE215

1. azathot
    I'm traveling in next week and decided to order a set of the RE-400s.  My current IEMa are a set of Sennheiser CX-880s (that replaced my old, beloved, and lost Shure EC3s). These things are ridiculously finicky, very microphonic and I hate the integrated volume. It's very noisy and sensitive. I'm not very pleased with the headphones and felt like a massive downgrade from my older Shure EC3s.

I was on the fence between the Shure 215s and the RE-400s, but pulled the trigger based on HiFiMANs reputation.

So my question is, does anyone have any insight to how the RE-400s match up against the Shure 215 or the Sennheiser CX-880?

Thanks!

- derek

2. IamYuri
    Hi,
    i had the cx880 too and own now the shure 215. 
    I like the 215 much more but i am still no big fan of it. Regarding what i could read about the 400 i would just give them a try. 

3. azathot
    doh. Just got an email from order support, there is a ten day delay on shipping. I guess I won't be traveling with these headphones.

4. Gozzer
    Just ordered mine earlier this week, was hoping to see them next week. Looks like I'll be waiting a while.