Questions about FiiO E10
Nov 5, 2011 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Irbyz

New Head-Fier
So i recently bought Superlux HD 668B headphones and was looking for some very cheap source for PC to use with it.

First i went with Asus Xonar DG sound card that has built-in headphone amp, but apparently amp is not working in Linux yet. I could wait for a better Linux support, but it also makes some annoying hiss sound in Windows when amp is on. I tried every solution i could find, but didn't manage to get rid of this noise, so i had to return the card back.

Now i'm thinking of pre-ordering Fii0 E10 DAC/amp from mp4nation.net (Maybe there's some other place to buy it from? At least i was unable to find it @ ebay).

There are a couple of things i would like to know before purchasing though:

Does it work with Linux?

Would it work fine with games? By that i don't mean some outstanding performance, but just that it would work fine so i don't need to re-plug headphones to onboard audio jack each time i want to play a game.
I just stumbled upon one article about some high-end sound card, and it said that there might be problems with sound in games, or sound might be missing at all.

Also maybe there are some other cheap alternatives...

Sorry if it's noob questions. Thanks in advance.

Nov 6, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #2 of 3
When you use the E10 via the USB it will bypass your soundcard.

Looks nice.

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 3
Yea it looks nice :)

I found a post on german ubuntu forum by some guy saying that it does work in Linux. However he had to disable onboard audio to get it working http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/soundkarte-wird-nach-start-von-phonon-nicht-erkann/

Looks like there should be no problems in games either, just no hardware acceleration. Anyway, here's the article i was talking about http://ixbtlabs.com/articles2/multimedia/prodigy-hd2-gold-page1.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back