Questions about AiAiAi TMA-1
Oct 2, 2011 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

nibuoy

New Head-Fier
Hey, I have a few questions about the AiAiAi TMA-1's.

Im looking for headphones, and I really want the AiAiAi TMA-1, but want to know a little more before I decide whether to buy them.
First off, how comfortable are they? I want to be wearing them for 2+ hours at a time.
How do they fare outside of music? (Some movie watching and maybe light gaming)
How much sound do they leak/how much sound do they let in?

Thanks in advance

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #3 of 17
Hello! I'm an italian owner of the AiAiAi TMA-1, so sorry for the english! :D

I bought the TMA-1 as a portable headphone, in replacement of the Bose OE (don't kill me! I had to try the Senn HD598 to figure out how much they sucked! XD). I don't want to write a review on them here, I'll just answer your questions:
1. It depends. Have you ever had comfort problems with on ear headphones? For me, these are just fine; there are a lot of people though that complained about their loose grip; my TMA-1 just stay on my head and I tried them also walking around. Also, if your head is a bit bigger, you'll probably be uncomfortable wearing the TMA-1, but you'll also have problems with other on ear headphones such as the HD25-1. If you've never had problems with oe headphones, than probably you'll be fine with these too. The absence of the headband isn't a problem for me, and I'm used to the 598 that are one of the most comfortable Sennheiser headphones.
2. Sorry but did not completely understood the question... :D If the question involves their performance with light gaming and movie watching, then probably these aren't the right headphones for you. The sound quite dark, still very detailed but IMHO non so good for movie watching. I think you need brighter headphones, such as the HD25-1 II. If you want more infos about their sound, just ask! :D
3. They don't leak sound at low volumes; at higher volumes, their leak is unimportant, it certainly won't bother people around you, as they will only be able to hear a little 'sssk sssk sssk' coming out of your headphones. Their isolation is good. Not as good as the HD25-1, as far as it seems, but still acceptable.

Hope I've been helpful! Bye!!!

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 17

Hey, I have a few questions about the AiAiAi TMA-1's.

Im looking for headphones, and I really want the AiAiAi TMA-1, but want to know a little more before I decide whether to buy them.
First off, how comfortable are they? I want to be wearing them for 2+ hours at a time.
How do they fare outside of music? (Some movie watching and maybe light gaming)
How much sound do they leak/how much sound do they let in?

Thanks in advance

----

1: I found them very comfortable when I had them. I used them for 6 hours at a time or so with no problems, though some complain about pressure from the headband which can easily have some padding added to it. Best option I've seen is a Beyer headband. 

2: Movies are okay, but gaming is pretty bad with them.They're almost everything you don't want. Tons of bass and small soundstage.

3: They have very good isolation. Hardly any in and none out (judging from letting others use them)

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #8 of 17
Not too sure on that one. I'm sure there's someone that can give you direct comparisons around here somewhere though.

Quote:
The Phiatons look pretty nice.
How do they compare to the V-moda crossfade m-80's?
(the ipod controls are nice plus)

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #10 of 17
I love my TMA-1's. Great sound, and comfortable after adding some kind of padding to the headband (i use a beyer headband pad).

They are very efficient, meaning they will get loud straight out of an iDevice. They have a good soundstage for a closed can, id watch movies on them, but not sure id use them for gaming.

They dont leak much at all, and isolate pretty well.

I keep reading people say that they clamp loosely, but i have a small head and they are plenty tight for me. I probably couldnt jog with them on, but they definitely stay put otherwise. Maybe the latest batch is tighter than the initial batch, i have seen some pictures that lead me to believe this may be true. When mine are just resting on a table the pads almost touch each other, there is maybe an inch of space between the two earpads. Ive seen pictures on here where they look a lot looser than mine.

Id recommend these to anybody that wants a sensitive on ear headphone with a fun, but non tiring sound. They have excellent bass and a fun slightly forward mid-range, with a calm but still very detailed top end. Think HD650 but smaller, closed, less expensive and waaay easier to power. For me these replaced an HD650 and fullsize HeadRoom amp/dac. They are that good.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #13 of 17
Ive had my tma1s for a couple of months and theyre very portable, comfortable, and they sound awesome.  The sound is very laid back and very warm so theyre great for all day listening and since the clamping force is fairly low, theyre very comforable.  The sound improves when EQed with a treble boost, it brings out the detail in the highs and with already awesome mids and lows, it just makes it sound that much better.

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #14 of 17
I like them with my iPhone4 with no eq. I guess i just prefer a laid back sound. I find there to be just the right amount of treble, and there is still a lot of detail being revealed. They are still as revealing as the HD650, believe it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back