Questionnaire about HiFi Desktop Active Speaker
Jan 10, 2022 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
Recently, we found through research that some FiiO users have purchased BTA30 desktop Bluetooth transmitter and receiver and K5\ K9pro desktop amplifier to connect with speakers. Some consumers have always suggested that we produce speakers so that they can use our desktop products together.

You can actually find from the founding history of FiiO that FiiO started with speakers. In the past, FiiO mainly made traditional living room home cinema and portable sound box, so we have rich product experience in the sound box field. However, sound box products have a very mature market, and there are many professional and consumer products, so we have been thinking about what kind of products are more suitable for our FiiO users.

The demand for products comes from the voice of users . Therefore, before we step into this field again, we would like to listen to your suggestions and opinions. We sincerely invite you to participate in the expansion of the speaker product line with us. Please also spare your precious time to fill in the following questionnaire!

Link: https://forms.gle/mhKXWJa7uNQmkgTx5

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 11, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #2 of 15
Nice to see you are touching so many different areas of interest. Most folks have a bad habit of looking down on companies who don't stick to one thing or one thing they've come to expect, rather than embracing and mashing many areas together. Quite curious to see what else you share in the future. 🦇

Jan 11, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #3 of 15
FiiO may be getting into the active speaker game? Count me in! My Audioengine A2 recently started to give up the ghost and I've been contemplating what to get as a replacement.

I currently run both my desktop monitors and my headphone amp(s) from the same DAC, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who does.

Jan 11, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #4 of 15
I would certainly be interested in a good quality 2.1 active desktop speaker with high quality DAC integrated. I'm currently using a FiiO Q5 as a DAC to drive my 20 year old active speakers via the line out. I have to say the setup sounds great but it is probably high time for an upgrade and something a bit more integrated would be nice

Jan 11, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #6 of 15
FiiO may be getting into the active speaker game? Count me in! My Audioengine A2 recently started to give up the ghost and I've been contemplating what to get as a replacement.

I currently run both my desktop monitors and my headphone amp(s) from the same DAC, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who does.
My Office Desktop system consists of a Jot & Bifrost ("Bimby") from Schiit to power up my Audioengine A5+ speakers ...combined with Roon makes for a great small system! I'm also running a SVS 1000 woofer too!

Jan 11, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #9 of 15
I have Audioengine as well, they are fine... nothing wrong with them, but boy are they boring zzzzzzzzz
I wish Teleporters were real! I'd ask you to come hear what listening to Yello sounds like with the SVS Sub!!! I'll bet ya $100 you'd change your mind!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 3.51.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 3.51.59 PM.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 0
Jan 11, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #11 of 15
Recently, we found through research that some FiiO users have purchased BTA30 desktop Bluetooth transmitter and receiver and K5\ K9pro desktop amplifier to connect with speakers. Some consumers have always suggested that we produce speakers so that they can use our desktop products together.

You can actually find from the founding history of FiiO that FiiO started with speakers. In the past, FiiO mainly made traditional living room home cinema and portable sound box, so we have rich product experience in the sound box field. However, sound box products have a very mature market, and there are many professional and consumer products, so we have been thinking about what kind of products are more suitable for our FiiO users.

The demand for products comes from the voice of users . Therefore, before we step into this field again, we would like to listen to your suggestions and opinions. We sincerely invite you to participate in the expansion of the speaker product line with us. Please also spare your precious time to fill in the following questionnaire!

Link: https://forms.gle/mhKXWJa7uNQmkgTx5
Just be careful about what you read from us. The reason is simple, people will claim to know what they want and need but reality is they rarely follow through and buy it once it has been produced.

I call this species, "Ifonlies". Why? because it is always a matter of "if only ________had these features, then I would definitely BUY it! People want but they want and ignore what they need. All too often, the two are the exact same. Why? Because manufacturer's continue to LISTEN to prospective buyers. Too bad buyers don't honestly listen to themselves.

All the best.

Jan 11, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #12 of 15
Yes, though market to get in with Genelec, Neumann and all the others. Even some hifi brands have active speakers but when I was in the market for bookshelves and wanted active for my office to pair with a SVS SB-1000, I ended up with an amp and passive bookshelves as there was caveats with pro audio connectivity options and looks while hifi active were closer to what I wanted but at often much higher price points from the likes of Buchardt or KEF sporting weird connection options focusing on wireless it seems. I use Roon on a PC, usb out to a RME ADI-2 DAC fs and I would like to simply connect active speakers with RCA or XLR and be able to manage a subwoofer as well.

If you can pull a speaker that is the equivalent of what the M17 is to the DAP world right now, that would be quite interesting!

Jan 11, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #13 of 15
Tough market to compete in. At the lower end, Ik's iloud micro and mtm are excellent, vantoo is well regarded; up the chain Adam and Genelec have it sorted.
A pair of FiiO active speakers that sound & sized like MTM for Micro money will have me replacing my Micro in a heart beat :)
But it all depends on which category of active speaker that they think would be best for their business. As you said, tough market to break into.

Jan 12, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #14 of 15
Please consider creating music-listening active speakers, not music-creation active speakers a.k.a studio monitors.

There aren’t enough good hifi-voiced/tuned active nearfield speakers. Neutrality is boring. Give me a bold, meaty, forward midrange!

Jan 12, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #15 of 15

Yeah, that's normal in home studios. One decent DAC will run everything.

Genelec and Neumann being the best I'v noticed, but with studio monitors you should consider your room acoustics as well, unlike with HP's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back