Question...
Jun 10, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 12
I think the Sony XB-500 may be better.  It is lower cost, performs better according to the graphs, and is covered in this review:

Charts:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SonyMDRXB500.pdf

Review:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-xb300-mdr-xb500-and-mdr-xb700-extra-bass-headphones

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 12
If you plan to use the XB headphones outdoors, not a good idea. 

Jun 11, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #7 of 12
I think the Sony XB-500 may be better.  It is lower cost, performs better according to the graphs, and is covered in this review:

Charts:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SonyMDRXB500.pdf

Review:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-xb300-mdr-xb500-and-mdr-xb700-extra-bass-headphones

But i live in Brazil...and the Sony store is selling the xb1000 for 350 dollars..in Brazil it is really cheap haha...and the sony store doesnt sell the xb500...the beats mixr here costs about 700 dollars...haha ...but its a bad idea to buy the xb1000?

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
I have an ath m50s and a beats mixr...i wanna sell mt beat and buy a sony xb1000...i use an ipod classic...its a good idea?

So you want headphones that don't need a headphone amp. Beats Mixrs have really pushed harsh highs and they're hurting because the Mixrs are so loud, correct? Also the bass on the Mixrs is a bit thin for you so you want the XB 1000's because you like bass. 

Do not take advice on this forum about Beats because everyone hates them and will not give an honest opinion. A lot of people think Mixrs are all bass with no highs when it's almost the opposite. 

1st of all you got the wrong Beats if you wanted bass. You should have gotten Studio Beats or Solo Beats. Solo Beats have weak highs. Studio Beats have better highs, better mids, better separation than the Solos. Mixrs high very clear highs but very harsh, Studio Beats have very smooth highs, more bass, and better soundstage than the Mixrs. The Studios are not as loud as the Mixrs, and will not distort even at max volume on an iPod Classic. The Mixrs have a lot more highs and mids than the Studios, but the Studios have a much warmer listening experience. 

Sony XB 1000 have a lot of bass but not as much as the Beats Studio and the Beats Studio has the better soundstage. 
 V-Moda Crossfade 2 has a lot of bass but not as much as the Beats Studio, very weak mids, weak highs, bad separation. Beats Studio is the louder headphone. 
V-Moda M-100 has a lot of bass but it's a very clean bass with a lot less sub bass than the Studio Beats. Clearer highs than the Studio Beats but not harsh highs. Very nice soundstage and separation and directly comparing them the V-Moda will sound better head-to-head. Beats Studios have more sub bass but if you want a cleaner overall sound get the V-Moda. 
 Ultrasone pro 750 is very nice overall clean sound a bit like the ATH M50 but with more bass and better stereo separation and soundstage. They are not as loud as the Beats Studio and M 100 and do not have as much bass, but it is louder than the ATH M50 and much more fun to listen to, the M50's have a boring sounding to me  while the Ultrasone 750's have a magical sound in comparing the two head to head. 

Hope this helps. 

edited because of auto spell correct crap

Jun 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #11 of 12

So you want headphones that don't need a headphone amp. Beats Mixrs have really pushed harsh highs and they're hurting because the Mixrs are so loud, correct? Also the bass on the Mixrs is a bit thin for you so you want the XB 1000's because you like bass. 

Do not take advice on this forum about Beats because everyone hates them and will not give an honest opinion. A lot of people think Mixrs are all bass with no highs when it's almost the opposite. 

1st of all you got the wrong Beats if you wanted bass. You should have gotten Studio Beats or Solo Beats. Solo Beats have weak highs. Studio Beats have better highs, better mids, better separation than the Solos. Mixrs high very clear highs but very harsh, Studio Beats have very smooth highs, more bass, and better soundstage than the Mixrs. The Studios are not as loud as the Mixrs, and will not distort even at max volume on an iPod Classic. The Mixrs have a lot more highs and mids than the Studios, but the Studios have a much warmer listening experience. 

Sony XB 1000 have a lot of bass but not as much as the Beats Studio and the Beats Studio has the better soundstage. 
 V-Moda Crossfade 2 has a lot of bass but not as much as the Beats Studio, very weak mids, weak highs, bad separation. Beats Studio is the louder headphone. 
V-Moda M-100 has a lot of bass but it's a very clean bass with a lot less sub bass than the Studio Beats. Clearer highs than the Studio Beats but not harsh highs. Very nice soundstage and separation and directly comparing them the V-Moda will sound better head-to-head. Beats Studios have more sub bass but if you want a cleaner overall sound get the V-Moda. 
 Ultrasone pro 750 is very nice overall clean sound a bit like the ATH M50 but with more bass and better stereo separation and soundstage. They are not as loud as the Beats Studio and M 100 and do not have as much bass, but it is louder than the ATH M50 and much more fun to listen to, the M50's have a boring sounding to me  while the Ultrasone 750's have a magical sound in comparing the two head to head. 

Hope this helps. 

edited because of auto spell correct crap

So its a bad idea get the xb1000??? Its hard to find v-moda, ultrasone, and other brands here in brazil...but for me...its better the mixr or the xb??

Jun 12, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #12 of 12
 Better the XB. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back